Sudhabala tailam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of a wide spectrum of diseases caused by vata dosha imbalance. This medicine is in the form of herbal oil. It is similar to ksheerabala tailam.
BENEFITS OF SUDHABALA THAILAM
- This medicine used in the management of joint diseases, insomnia, neurological diseases etc.
- This medicine is administrated as oil massage on the head and body.
- This type of administration of medicine in Ayurveda known as abhyangam.
- This can be also being given as nasya (nasal instillation) and oral administration.
- This medicine is nourishing in nature.
INDICATIONS OF SUDHABALA THAILAM
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Swelling of joints
- Low backache
INGREDIENTS OF SUDHABALA THAILAM
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||LATIN/ ENGLISH||ACTION|
|1||BALA||Sidacordifolia||Balances vata dosha|
|3||TILATAILA||Sesame oil||Balances vata dosha|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Oil prepared with the decoction and paste of bala, cow’s milk and Sesame oil.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa,asthi,majja dhatu – joint diseases, bleeding disorders
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
madhyama roga marga – arthritis, headache, neuralgia
DOSAGE AND USAGE
External application on the head and whole body, as nasal instillation, as oral medication or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi shuddi pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
- Avoid heavy exercises which further aggravate degenerated conditions.
- Below mentioned yoga practices are effective in joint stiffness and arthritis.
Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
Child’s Pose (Balasana)
Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar)
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce vata dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because vata imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, cow’s milk
- Oil massage on body advised. Which alleviates vata dosha
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine is used for external application only.
- Improper usage may lead to side effects.
- Patient with recurrent rhinitis and sinusitis use this medicine only after consulting an Ayurveda physician.
- Can this oil be used while taking Allopathic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this oil along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long this oil can be used?
Duration of oil application on the joints is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Can this medicine used for degenerative arthritis?
Yes, this oil is effective in degenerative joint diseases like osteoarthritis.
- Cheriya bala Taila
- Ksheera bala tailam
- Kottakkal Arya vaidya sala
1. Pilot study investigating the effects of Ayurvedic Abhyanga massage on subjective stress experience
2. Physio-Anatomical Explanation of Abhyanga: An Ayurvedic Massage Technique for Healthy Life
3. The Ayurvedic drug Ksheerabala (101) ameliorates alcohol-induced neurotoxicity by down-regulating the expression of transcription factor (NFkB) in rat brain.
4. Standardisation of ksheerabala taila
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to email@example.com or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871