Somnath ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the management of genitourinary disorders. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF SOMNATH RAS
- This medicine popularly used in the management of genitourinary disorders.
- As per Ayurvedic classics, it balances the vata, kapha dosha.
- It is effective in heavy menstrual bleeding.
INDICATIONS OF SOMNATH RAS
- Bahu mutrata – increased frequency of urination
- Yoni sula – dysmenorrhoea
- Medhrasula – pain on genital organs
- Katisula – low backache
- Rakta pradara – menorrhagia
- Pradara – leucorrhoea
INGREDIENTS OF SOMNATH RAS
|1||LOHA BHASMA||bhasma of Iron||2 part||tonic and rejuvenator|
|2||PARADA||Purified mercury||1part||fast relieve from symptoms|
|4||VIDANGA||Embelia ribes||1part||Action against infections|
|5||ELA||cardamom||Elattaria cardamomum||1part||Balances kapha and vata|
|6||AMALAKI||Indian gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||1part||rejuvenator|
|7||PATHA||Cyclea peltata||1part||Balances vata, kapha|
|8||PATRA||Cinnamomum tamala||1part||Balances kapha and vata|
|9||DADIMA||Punica granatum||1part||Effective in digestive problems|
|10||HARIDRA||curcuma longa||1part||Antibacterial action|
|11||DARUHARIDRA||Berberis aristata||1part||Balances kapha, pitta|
|13||LODHRA||Symplocos racemosa||1part||Action on diarrhoea and dysentery|
|14||CHANDANA||Sandalwood||Santalum album||1part||Balances pitta dosha and rakta dhatu|
|15||GUGGULU||Indian bedelium||Commiphora mukul||1part||analgesic|
|16||GOKSHURA||Small caltrops||Tribulus terrestris||1part||Diuretic action|
|17||RASANJANA||Extract of Berberis aristata||1part||Balances vata and pitta|
|18||VIRANA||Vetiveria zizanoides||1part||Balances pitta dosha|
|19||JAMBU||Eugenia jambolana||1part||Effective in diabetes|
|21||ARJUNA||Terminalia arjuna||1part||Effective in heart diseases|
|22||TANKANA||borax||1part||The beneficiary effect in the genitourinary system|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Purified mercury and sulphur triturated first to prepare a black coloured mixture known as kajjali. Kajjali grounded with rest of the drugs and goat’s milk then tablets are made.
- Detoxification of Parada – Ground with the juice of Aloe vera, Triphala(Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis), the root of chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated for 7 times.
- Purification of tankana – by heating water losses and become powder form
- Purification of loha – Heated and immersed in sesame oil, buttermilk, cow’s urine, gruel and decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, kapha dosha imbalance
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasadhatu and raktha dhatu – bleeding
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyantara roga marga – menorrhagia, urinary diseases.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 125 to 250 mg after food once or twice daily or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid heavy exercises during bleeding conditions.
- Consume wholesome diet.
- Should take the diet according to digestive capacity and season, the place of living.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects.
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali
- Pradara ripu rasa
- Pushyanuga churna for menorrhagia
- Bolbadha ras
- Hemanath ras – for increased frequency of urination
- Uma ayurvedics
- Anti-inflammatory activity of root and fruit of gokshura (tribulus terrestris linn.) in albino rats
- Clinical evaluation of gokshura in dysuria
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871