Saraswata churna is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of psychotic disorders. This powder contains herbal ingredients along with rock salt. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF SARASWATA CHURNA
- This medicine is effective in psychotic disorders like depression, insanity, epilepsy.
- Provide overall mental health.
- It can be administered along with other Ayurvedic medicines as an immune booster.
INDICATIONS OF SARASWATA CHURNA
- Apasmaram – epilepsy
- Unmadam – depression/ insanity
- Mental fatigue
- Disorders of speech
INGREDIENTS OF SARASWATA CHURNA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||BRAHMI||Bacopa monnieri||1 part||Beneficial effect in the brain|
|2||SHANKHAPUSHPI||Convolvulus pluricaulis||1 part||Beneficial effect in the brain|
|3||KUSHTA||Saussurea lappa||1 part||Effective in skin diseases|
|4||KRISHNA JEERAKA||Nigella sativa||1 part||Reduces fever, vomiting|
|5||JEERAKA||Cumin seed||Cuminum cyminum||1 part||carminative|
|6||PATHA||Cyclea peltata||1 part||Balances vata, kapha|
|7||SAINDHAVA LAVANA||Rock salt||1 part||Carminative, balances vata, pitta, kapha|
|8||ASWAGANDHA||Withania somnifera||1 part||Rejuvenator|
|9||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||1 part||carminative|
|10||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||1 part||carminative|
|11||SUNDI||Ginger (dried)||Zingiber officinalis||1 part||carminative|
|12||AJAMODA (DIPYAKA)||ajowan||Trachyspermum ammi||1 part||carminative|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Above mentioned drugs are taken in equal quantity and finely powdered.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, majja dhatu – action in the brain
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting madhyama roga marga – psychiatric conditions.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 1 to 3 gms after food once or twice daily along with ghee or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – cleans the respiratory passage, calms the mind.
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid smoking, carbonated drinks, alcohol
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage may lead to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali
- Brahmi vati
- Aswagandha tablet
- Effectiveness of Brahmi in various illness
- A comparative clinical evaluation of saraswata churna and satvavajaya chikitsa (ayurvedic psychotherapy) in the management of geriatric depression
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to email@example.com or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871