Saubhagya vati is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of fever and respiratory diseases. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF SAUBHAGYA VATI
- This medicine is used in the treatment of fever produced by vata, pitta, dosha imbalance.
- Its antipyretic action is effective in both acute and chronic fever.
- It is also effective in diseases of the respiratory and digestive system.
- Usually, non-infectious and viral fever responds with its use.
INDICATIONS OF SAUBHAGYA VATI
- Jwara – Acute and chronic fever
- Intermittent fever
- Abdominal colic
- Running nose
- Allergic rhinitis
INGREDIENTS OF SAUBHAGYA VATI
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||TANKANA||borax||1 part||The beneficiary effect in the respiratory system|
|2||VATSANABHA||Aconitum ferox||1 part||Antipyretic action|
|3||JEERAKA||Cumin seed||Cuminum cyminum||1 part||carminative|
|4||SUNDI||Ginger (dried)||Zingiber officinalis||1 part||carminative|
|5||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||1 part||carminative|
|6||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||1 part||carminative|
|7||HARITAKI||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||1 part||rejuvenator|
|8||VIBHITAKI||Belliric myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||1 part||rejuvenator|
|9||AMALAKI||Indian goose berry||Emblica officinalis||1 part||rejuvenator|
|10||SAUVARCHALA LAVANA||Sochal salt||1part||Carminative, balances vata|
|11||SAINDHAVA LAVANA||Rock salt||1part||Carminative, balances vata, pitta, kapha|
|12||VIDA LAVANA||Black salt||1part||Balances kapha and vata|
|13||SAMUDRA LAVANA||Common salt||1part||Carminative, balances vata|
|14||ROMAKA LAVANA||Sambhar salt||1part||Carminative, balances vata|
|15||ABHRAKA BHASMA||processed Biotite mica||1part||balances vata dosha, reduces pain|
|16||GANDHAKA||Purified sulphur||1part||Beneficiary effect on respiratory diseases.|
|17||PARADA||Purified Mercury||1part||fast relieve from symptoms|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Purified mercury and sulphur triturated first to prepare a black coloured mixture known as kajjali. Kajjali grounded with rest of the drugs and juice of Vitex negundo, Eclipta alba, Adathoda vasica, Achyranthes aspera and then tablets are made.
- Detoxification of Parada – Ground with the juice of Aloe vera, Triphala(Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis), root of chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated for 7 times.
- Purification of Abhraka – Heating and quenching in the decoction of Triphala or cow’s milk for 7 times.
- Purification of tankana – by heating water losses and become powder form
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata , pitta predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – fever, indigestion
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga like diseases affecting the respiratory system and digestive system.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
250 mg after food once or twice daily along with honey or fresh ginger juice or lukewarm water or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Effective in respiratory diseases, cleans the respiratory passage
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, Lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid exposure to the cold environment.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – jwara chikilsa
- Hinguleswara rasa
- Vettumaran gulika
- Surya prabha gulika
- VHCA Ayurveda
- Antimicrobial activity of water extracts of trikatu churna and its individual ingredient
2. An experimental study on the antidote effect of maricha (Piper nigrum Linn) kashaya in vatsanabha (Aconitum ferox) induced toxicity
3. Evaluation of toxicity of ‘Vatsanabha’ (Aconitum ferox, Ranunculaceae) Before and After Shodhana
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871