Sanjivani vati is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of fever and indigestion. This tablet contains herbal ingredients only. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF SANJIVANI VATI
- This medicine is used in the treatment of fever.
- Its antipyretic action is effective in both acute and chronic fever.
- It induces sweating.
- Usually, non-infectious and viral fever responds with its use.
INDICATIONS OF SANJIVANI VATI
- Jwara – Acute and chronic fever
- Intermittent fever
- Abdominal colic
INGREDIENTS OF SANJIVANI VATI
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|2||AMRITA (GILOY)||Tinospora cordifolia||1part||Balances vata,pitta dosha|
|3||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||1part||carminative|
|4||HARITHAKI||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||1part||rejuvenator|
|5||VIBHITHAKI||Belliric myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||1part||rejuvenator|
|6||AMALAKI||Indian gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||1part||rejuvenator|
|8||VACHA||Sweet flag||Acorus calamus||1part||Balances kapha and vata|
|9||VIDANGA||Embelia ribes||1part||Effective in worm infestation|
|10||VATSANABHA||Aconitum ferox||1part||Antipyretic action|
|11||GOMUTRA||Cow’s urine||Quantity sufficient|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Above mentioned drugs are taken in equal quantity and finely powdered. Then grounded with cow’s urine and tablets are made.
- Purification of vatsanabha – by using cow’s urine
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata , pitta predominant fever.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – fever, indigestion
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga like diseases affecting the digestive system.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take tablets as per the following indications, after food once or twice daily along with fresh ginger juice or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
- For digestive problems – 1 tablet
- For vomiting and diarrhoea – 2 tablets
- For snakebite – 3 tablets
- For chronic fever – 4 tablets
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, Lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid exposure to the cold environment.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Sharangadhara samhita
- Hinguleswara rasa
- Vettumaran gulika
- Surya prabha gulika
- Jai mangala ras
- Divya pharmacy
- A Scientific Review on Sanjivani Vati with special reference to its Pharmacological Actions, Therapeutic Indications and Pharmaceutics
2. Standardisation of an Ayurvedic formulation “Sanjivani Vati”
3. Pharmacological activities of polyherbal formulation: sanjivani vati
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871