Sahacharadi thailam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of neuromuscular diseases. This medicine is in the form of herbal oil for external and internal application.
BENEFITS OF SAHACHARADI THAILAM
- This medicine is used in the management of neuromuscular diseases as oil massage.
- This type of administration of medicine in Ayurveda known as abhyangam.
- As per Ayurvedic classics, it balances vata dosha.
- This medicine is also recommended for internal administration.
INDICATIONS OF SAHACHARADI THAILAM
- Psychotic diseases
- Gynaecological diseases
- Swelling of joints
- Joint stiffness
- Low backache
INGREDIENTS OF SAHACHARADI TAILAM
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||LATIN/ ENGLISH||ACTION|
|1||SAHACHARA||Strobilanthes ciliates||Balances vata|
|2||KUSHTA||Saussurea lappa||Effective in inflammation|
|3||DEVADARU||Cedus deodara||Reduces pain|
|4||CHORAKA||Angelica glauca||Balances kapha vata|
|5||JATAMAMSI||Nardostachys jatamansi||The beneficiary effect on the nervous system|
|6||ELA||Elettaria cardamomum||Balances vata and kapha|
|7||USHIRA||Vetiveria zizanioides||Antipyretic action|
|9||AGNIMANTHA||Premna corymbosa||Balances vata and kapha|
|12||PATALA||Sterospermum suaveolens||Balances vata and kapha|
|14||PRISHNIPARNI||Uraria picta||Balances vata, pitta, kapha|
|16||KANTAKARI||Solanum xanthocarpum||Balances kapha and vata|
|17||GOKSHURA||Tribulus terrestris||Diuretic action|
|21||HRIBERA||Pavonia odorata||Antipyretic action|
|22||SHATAHVA||Anethum sowa||Carminative on internal administration|
|24||CHANDANA||Santalum album||Balances pitta dosha, coolant effect on the body|
|25||TURUSHKA||Hydnocarpus laurifolia||Effective in skin diseases|
|26||MANJISHTA||Rubia cordifolia||Effective in skin diseases|
|28||SHATAVARI||Asparagus racemosus||Rejuvenator aphrodisiac|
|29||NATA||Valeriana wallichi||The beneficiary effect on the skin|
|30||AGURU||Aquillaria agallocha||Balances vata and kapha|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Oil prepared with the decoction of sahachara, shatavari, dasamoola, cow’s milk, the paste of rest of the above-mentioned drugs, and Sesame oil.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa,asthi,majja dhatu – joint diseases
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
madhyama roga marga – tremors, psychotic diseases
DOSAGE AND USAGE
- External application on the affected area as oil massage or oral administration or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
- Nadi shuddi pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
- Avoid heavy exercises which further aggravate degenerated conditions.
- Below mentioned yoga practices are effective in joint stiffness and arthritis.
Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
Child’s Pose (Balasana)
Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar)
- Parvatasana – It is greatly beneficial in treating paralysis by strengthening the nervous system and the muscles. Parvatasana which translates to Mountain pose helps in restraining paralytic parts of the body by stretching the spinal cord, abdomen and muscle arms.
- Siddhasana – This yogic posture is said to cure Paralysis by awakening the body’s energy centres called the ‘chakras.’
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce vata dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because vata imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, cow’s milk
- Oil massage on body advised. Which alleviates vata dosha
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine is used for internal and external application.
- Improper usage may lead to side effects.
- Can this oil be used while taking Allopathic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this oil along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long this oil can be used?
Duration of oil application on the joints is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Can this medicine used for degenerative arthritis?
Yes, this oil is effective in degenerative joint diseases like osteoarthritis.
- Ashtangahridaya – vatavyadhi chikilsa
- Kottamchukkadi Taila
- Ksheerabala tailam
- Sudhabala tailam
- Cheriya bala tailam
- Kerala ayurveda
- Pankaja kasthuri
1. Pharmaceutico-analytical study of sahacharadi taila and its 7 avarti
2. Physio-Anatomical Explanation of Abhyanga: An Ayurvedic Massage Technique for Healthy Life
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to email@example.com or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871