Prabhanjana vimardanam thailam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of neuromuscular diseases. This medicine is in the form of herbal oil for external and internal application.
BENEFITS OF PRABHANJANA VIMARDANAM TAILAM
- This medicine is specially used in the management of neuromuscular and joint diseases like arthritis as oil massage.
- This type of administration of medicine in Ayurveda known as abhyangam.
- It can be also given orally and as vasthi (medicated enema).
- As per Ayurvedic classics, it balances vata dosha.
INDICATIONS OF PRABHANJANA VIMARDANAM THAILAM
- Swelling of joints
- Cervical spondylitis
- Facial palsy
- Low backache
- Abdominal colic
- Painful abscesses
INGREDIENTS OF PRABHANJANA VIMARDHANAM TAILAM
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||LATIN/ ENGLISH||ACTION|
|1||BALA||Sidacordifolia||Balances vata dosha|
|2||KUSHTA||Saussurea lappa||Effective in inflammation|
|3||DEVADARU||Cedus deodara||Reduces pain|
|5||ARKA||Calotropis procera||Balances vata dosha|
|6||ELA||Elettaria cardamomum||Balances vata and kapha|
|7||VARUNA||Crataeva nurvala||Balances medo dhatu and kapha dosha|
|9||AGNIMANTHA||Premna corymbosa||Balances vata and kapha|
|12||PATALA||Sterospermum suaveolens||Balances vata and kapha|
|14||SARSHAPA||Brassica campestris||Antibacterial action|
|15||KARANJA||Pongamia pinnata||gastroprotective property|
|16||ERANDA||Ricinus communis||Balances vata dosha|
|17||KORANTA ( SAHACHARA)||Barleria prionitis||Balances vata dosha|
|19||CHITRAKAM||Plumbago zeylanica||Carminative on internal administration|
|20||VACHA||Acorus calamus||The beneficiary effect in the nervous system|
|21||JATAMAMSI||Nardostachys jatamansi||The beneficiary effect on the nervous system|
|22||SHATAHVA||Anethum sowa||Carminative on internal administration|
|23||RASNA||pluchea lanceolata||Balances vata|
|24||CHORAKA||Angelica glauca||Balances kapha vata|
|26||KATUKI||Picrorhiza kurroa||balances pitta|
|28||SHATAVARI||Asparagus racemosus||Rejuvenator aphrodisiac|
|30||SAINDHAVA LAVANA||Rock salt||balances vata, pitta, kapha|
|31||TAGARA||Valeriana wallichi||The beneficiary effect on the skin|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Oil prepared with the decoction of bala, shatavari, shigru, varuna, arka, karanja, eranda, koranta, aswagandha, prasarini, brihat panchamoola, cow’s milk, the paste of rest of the above-mentioned drugs, cow’s milk, dadhi ( curd), kanjika (fermented rice water) and Sesame oil.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa,asthi,majja dhatu – joint diseases
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
madhyama roga marga – arthritis, facial palsy
DOSAGE AND USAGE
- External application on the affected area as oil massage or oral administration or as vasthi (enema therapy) or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
- Nadi shuddi pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
- Avoid heavy exercises which further aggravate degenerated conditions.
- Below mentioned yoga practices are effective in joint stiffness and arthritis.
v Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
v Child’s Pose (Balasana)
v Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar)
- Below mentioned yoga practices are effective in facial palsy
- Eyebrow Exercises – Continue holding your eyebrow in the raised state till the corner of your mouth or cheek begins to move. Wrinkle your forehead.
- Lip Exercises – Puff your cheeks out with air in them. Now, hold your air-puffed lips shut ensuring that no air escapes out. Hold your puffed cheeks for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Nose Exercises – Wrinkle up your nose, Sniffle, Have a deep breath through your nostrils and try to flare your nostrils.
- Eye Exercises – Look down. Keep your neck straight and without bending it look down, this helps in exercising your eye and eyelids.
- Neck and Chin Exercises – Wrinkle or harden your chin
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce vata dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because vata imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, cow’s milk
- Oil massage on body advised. Which alleviates vata dosha
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine is used for internal and external application.
- Improper usage may lead to side effects.
- Can this oil be used while taking Allopathic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this oil along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long this oil can be used?
Duration of oil application on the joints is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Can this medicine used for degenerative arthritis?
Yes, this oil is effective in degenerative joint diseases like osteoarthritis.
- Kottamchukkadi Taila
- Ksheerabala tailam
- Sudhabala tailam
- Cheriya bala tailam
- Kottakkal Arya vaidya sala – prabhanjana vimardhanam kuzhambu
1. Pilot study investigating the effects of Ayurvedic Abhyanga massage on subjective stress experience
2. Physio-Anatomical Explanation of Abhyanga: An Ayurvedic Massage Technique for Healthy Life
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to email@example.com or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871