Prabhakar vati is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of heart diseases. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF PRABHAKAR VATI
- This medicine is used in the management of heart diseases.
- It is effective in cardiac problems like tightness or heaviness in the chest and in breathing difficulty.
- This medicine possesses a beneficial effect in the healthiness of heart.
INDICATIONS OF PRABHAKAR VATI
- Hridroga – Heart disease
- Pre cordial pain
INGREDIENTS OF PRABHAKAR VATI
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH/ LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||ABHRAKA||Bhasma of biotite mica||1 part||balances vata dosha, reduces pain|
|2||LOHA BHASMA||Bhasma of iron||1 part||Tonic and provide immunity|
|4||SWARNA MAKSHIKAM||Bhasma of Copper pyrite||1 part||rejuvenator|
|6||ARJUNA||Terminalia arjuna||Quantity sufficient for decoction||Effective in heart diseases and fracture healing|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1 part each of swarna makshika bhasma, loha bhasma,abhraka, shilajit, vamsalochana are triturated to obtain a homogenous mixture. This mixture is grounded with the decoction of arjuna and tablets are made.
- Purification of Abhraka – Heating and quenching in the decoction of Triphala or cow’s milk for 7 times.
- Purification of loha – Heated and immersed in sesame oil, buttermilk, cow’s urine, gruel and decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
- Purification of swarna makshika – boiling in the decoction of triphala (Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis).
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, kapha dosha predominant heart diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha dhatu – heart diseases
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
Madhyama roga marga – cardiac problems
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 125 – 250 gm after food once or twice daily or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid heavy exercises which further aggravate the conditions.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – Hridroga chikilsa
- Mashadarvadi kashayam
- Lasuna erandadi kashayam
- Hridayarnava rasa
- Kottakkal Aryavaidyasala
- Shree dootapapeshwar
- Action of prabhakara vati and hrudayarnava rasa in cardiac diseases
- Efficacy of prabhakar vati in the management of hriday roga- a clinical study
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871