Pitaka churna is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diseases affecting the oral cavity and throat. This medicine is in the form of herbal powder. This medicine should only use as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF PITAKA CHURNA
- This medicine is used in the management of diseases of the oral cavity.
- It is held in the mouth cures the diseases of the oral cavity.
- As per Ayurvedic classics, it balances kapha dosha.
INDICATIONS OF PITAKA CHURNA
- Tooth decay
- Throat infections
INGREDIENTS OF PITAKA CHURNA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||DARUHARIDRA||Berberis aristata||1 part||Balances kapha, pitta|
|2||YAVA KSHARA||Kshara of barley||Hordeum vulgare||1 part||Relieves complications associated with constipation, bloating, abdominal fullness on internal administration|
|3||SAINDHAVA LAVANA||Rock salt||1 part||Carminative, balances vata, pitta, kapha|
|4||HARITALA||Arsenic trisulphide||1 part||Effective in skin diseases|
|5||MANASILA||Purified Arsenic disulphide||1part||Balances kapha and vata|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Above mentioned drugs are made into powder form.
- Purification of Manasila – grounded with the juice of agasthya leaf (Sesbania grandiflora)
- Detoxification of Haritala – The roughly powdered haritala boiling in the juice of kushmanda (ash gourd- Benincasa hispida) for 3hrs.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa,asthi , majja dhatu – diseases of the oral cavity, tooth decay
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
madhyama roga marga – diseases of the oral cavity
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Application of medicine in the mouth along with honey or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid smoking, chewing betel leaf and alcohol
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only administer as per the direction by the physician.
- Improper administration may lead to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic treatments?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this medicine along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal application into the oral cavity is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the duration and eventually stop it.
- Ashtangahridayam – uttara sthana
- Triphala kashaya for gargling
- Khadiradi gulika
1. An ayurvedic review on therapeutic potentials of manashila (realgar): a literature review
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the state committee member of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to him-
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.