Navayas lauh is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of anaemia, cardiac diseases and liver diseases. This medicine is prepared from iron and other herbal ingredients. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF NAVAYAS LAUH
- This medicine is used in the treatment of anaemia and associated complications due to its haematogenic property.
- It is effective in heart diseases.
- As per Ayurveda classics, it balances pitta dosha.
- This medicine is used as a natural rejuvenator and provides immunity.
- This medicine is also good for jaundice and other liver diseases.
INDICATIONS OF NAVAYAS LAUH
- Pandu – Anaemia
- Hridroga – heart diseases
- Kushta – Skin diseases
- Kamala – jaundice, Liver diseases
- General debility
- Arshas – piles
INGREDIENTS OF NAVAYAS LAUH
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||HARITHAKI||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||1 part||rejuvenator|
|2||VIBHITHAKI||Belliric myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||1 part||rejuvenator|
|3||AMALAKI||Indian gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||1 part||rejuvenator|
|4||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||1 part||carminative|
|5||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||1 part||carminative|
|6||SUNDI||Ginger (dried)||Zingiber officinalis||1 part||carminative|
|7||MUSTA||Nut grass||Cyperus rotundus||1 part||Reduces fever|
|8||CHITRAKA||Lead wort||Plumbago zeylanica||1 part||carminative|
|9||VIDANGA||Embelia ribes||1 part||Action against infections|
|10||LOHA BHASMA||Bhasma of iron||9 part||Tonic and rejuvenator|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
9 part loha bhasma , 1 part each of powder of haritaki, vibhitaki, amalaki, pippali, maricha, shundi, musta, chitraka and vidanga are ground together to get a homogenous mixture.
- Purification of loha – Heated and immersed in sesame oil, buttermilk, cow’s urine, gruel and decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
- Preparation of loha bhasma – The purified iron powder added with an equal quantity of juice of amalaki and triturated thoroughly to prepare pellets of even size and shape. They are dried under the sun and heated in special equipment called puta.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of pitta predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, rakta dhatu – indigestion, anaemia
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting all roga marga
- Bahya roga marga – skin diseases, external piles
- abhyanthara roga marga – internal piles
- Madhyama roga marga – diabetes, heart diseases
DOSAGE AND USAGE
- Take 1gm after food once or twice daily along with honey or ghee or juice of draksha ( vitis vinifera) or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, leafy vegetables, Lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid smoking, soft drinks and alcohol.
- Patient with diabetes avoids excessive sugar diet.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and overdosage lead to side effects like constipation.
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – pandu kamala halimaka chikilsa
- Dhatri loha
- Lauh bhasma
- Annabhedi sindura
- Mandura vataka
- Kottakkal Arya vaidya sala
- Divya pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical study of Lauha Bhasma
2. Toxicity study of Lauha Bhasma (calcined iron) in albino rats
3. Clinical efficacy of Amalaki Rasayana in the management of Pandu (Iron deficiency anaemia)
4. Navayas Lauh; Justification to use as Primary medicine for treating Anaemia; Under “Anaemia control Programme through Ayurveda”
- Role of navayasa lauha in the management of iron deficiency anaemia
- Clinical evaluation of navayasa lauha
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.