Godanti bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of fever. This medicine is prepared from gypsum. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF GODANTI BHASMA
- This medicine is used in the treatment of fever produced by pitta dosha imbalance.
- Its antipyretic action is effective in both acute and chronic fever.
- Usually, non-infectious and viral fever responds with its use.
INDICATIONS OF GODANTI BHASMA
- Jwara – Acute and chronic fever
- Mandagni -Indigestion
- Swasa – breathing difficulty
- Kasa – cough
INGREDIENTS OF GODANTI BHASMA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||ACTION|
|1.||GODANTI||Gypsum||Balances pitta dosha and effective in fever|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
The purified godanti are enclosed in sarava samputa (closed mud plates) and subjected to heating in special equipment known as puta.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of pitta predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – fever, indigestion
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga like diseases affecting the respiratory system.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
125 – 250 mg after food once or twice daily along with honey or ghee or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, Lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid exposure to the cold environment.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage lead to side effects.
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an ayurveda doctor.
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Hinguleswara rasa
- Vettumaran gulika for fever
- Surya prabha gulika
- Swasachintamani ras
- Kasa kuthar ras for respiratory diseases
- Vyoshadi vataka
- Divya pharmacy
- Shree dhootpapeshwar
- Toxicological and Pharmacological Assessment of Godanti Bhasma
2. Physicochemical screening of Godanti Bhasma : An effort to Pharmaceutical Standardisation
3. Cellular internalization of Godanti Bhasma (anhydrous CaSO4) induces massive cytoplasmic reversible vacuolation and survival response of mammalian cells
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.