Garbhapal ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the management of diseases during pregnancy. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by physician.
BENEFITS OF GARBHAPAL RAS
- This medicine is used in the treatment of diseases during pregnancy
- Particularly it is administrated in the management of fever, vomiting, giddiness, constipation during pregnancy
- This medicine can be administrated in first month onwards during pregnancy.
- It protects the foetus and takes care of its proper and complete development therefore it is called garbhapal ras.
- When used from 1st month of pregnancy to 9th month it is useful in minimizing the complaints of pregnancy.
INDICATIONS OF GARBHAPAL RAS
- Diseases during pregnancy
- Fever during pregnancy
- Bleeding during pregnancy
- Used in puerperal care
INGREDIENTS OF GARBHAPAL RAS
|1||HINGULA||Purified cinnabar||12gm||fast relieve from symptoms|
|2||NAGA BHASMA||Bhasma of lead||12gm||Improves digestive power|
|3||VANGA BHASMA||Bhasma of tin||12gm||Provide body strength|
|4||TWAK||cinnamon||Cinnamomum zeylanicum||12gm||Balances vata and pitta|
|5||ELA||cardamom||Elattaria cardamomum||12gm||Balances kapha and vata|
|6||PATHRA||Cinnamomum tamala||12gm||Balances kapha and vata|
|7||SUNDI||Dried ginger||Zingiber officinalis||12gm||Improves digestive power|
|8||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||12gm||Improves digestive power|
|9||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||12gm||Improves digestive power|
|10||DHANYAKA||coriander||Coriandrum sativum||12gm||Balances tridosha|
|11||KRISHNA JEERAKA||Black cumin||Nigella sativa||12gm||Reduces fever,vomiting|
|12||CAVYA||Long pepper||Piper chaba||12gm||carminative|
|13||DRAKSHA||Grape raisin||Vitis vinifera||12gm||tonic|
|14||DEVADARU||Cedar||Cedus deodara||12gm||Reduces pain|
|15||LOHA BHASMA||Bhasma of iron||6gm||tonic and rejuvenator|
|16||APARAJITA||Clitorea ternatea||Quantity sufficent|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
12gm each of purified hingula, naga bhasma,vanga bhasma, twak, ela, patra, sundi, maricha, pippali, dhanyaka, Krishna jeeraka, cavya, draksha, devadaru and 6gm of loha bhasma triturated to obtain homogenous mixture. This mixture further grounded well using the juice of aparajita and tablet made with the size of 125mg.
- Purification of hingula – Grounded well with the juice of ardraka ( zingiber officinalis) for 7 times
- Purification of naga, vanga, loha – Heated and immersed in sesame oil,buttermilk, cow’s urine,gruel and decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata and kapha dosha imbalance during pregnancy
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting all dhatus during pregnancy particularly rasadhatu and raktha dhatu –fever, vomiting, bleeding
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga – vomiting, anorexia.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
125 mg (1 Gunja ) after food once or twice daily along with decoction of draksha ( vitis vinifera) or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
- Yoga postures commonly called as ASANA lead to strengthening of the muscles and ligaments and help to maintain their elasticity. This is very important for proper fetal blood circulation. Moreover the strength of the pelvic floor is very important for the bearing down effort of the mother during delivery.
- Pranayama is the breathing technique. It is helpful in making the use of total tidal volume of the lungs as it is reduced in pregnancy due to the pressure of the diaphragm from below due fetus. This increases the flow of oxygen reaching to the fetus and thus helps in the fetal growth. Pranayama techniques also lead to increase in the breath holding capacity of the lady during delivery.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Helps to provide calmness in mind during pregnancy and increase the breath holding capacity in delivery
patieanalgesic effectnt needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. Patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce vata , pitta and kapha dosha imbalance like cold ,more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid heavy exercises during pregnancy which further aggravate conditions.
- Consume wholesome diet
- She should always use ghee, butter and milk in her diet.
- She should take the diet according to her digestive capacity and season, the place of living.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRA INDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction by the physician.
- Improper administration and over dosage leads to side effects during pregnancy
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of disease in pregnancy. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Rasa tantra sara – siddha yoga sangraha
- AFI Vol.2
- Dadimadi ghrita
- Agasthya rasayanam
- Dhanwantharam gulika
- Kalyana ghrita
1. Effect of ‘Garbhpal Ras’ on pregnancy induced nausea & vomiting
2. Clinical trial of ‘Garbhpal Ras’ in pregnancy outcome
- Preclinical Toxicity and Clinical Study of ‘Garbhpal Ras’ in Pregnancy: Remedy for habitual abortion and miscarriage
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.