Grahanikapat ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diseases affecting digestive system. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by physician.
BENEFITS OF GRAHANIKAPAT RAS
- This medicine is mainly used in the management of diseases of digestive system.
- This medicine is specially administrated in disease called grahani ( sprue, malabsorption ).
- It is also effective in anorexia.
INDICATIONS OF GRAHANIKAPAT RAS
- Grahani – sprue
- Atisara – diarrhoea
- Digestive problems
- Jwara – fever
- Kasa – cough
- Swasa – breathing difficulty
INGREDIENTS OF GRAHANIKAPAT RAS
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||PARADA||Purified mercury||1part||fast relieve from symptoms|
|3||TANKANA||borax||1part||Relieves abdominal colic|
|4||ATIVISHA||Aconitum heterophyllum||1part||Beneficial effect on digestive system|
|5||ABHAYA||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||1 part||rejuvenator|
|6||ABHRAKA BHASMA||processed Biotite mica||1part||Balances vata and pitta|
|7||SWARJIKA KSHARA||Sodium bicarbonate||1part||Carminative|
|8||YAVA KSHARA||Ash of barley||Hordeum vulgare||1part||carminative|
|9||MOCHARASA||Bombax ceiba||1 part|
|10||VACHA||Sweet flag||Acorus calamus||1part||Balances kapha and vata|
|11||AGNIMANTHA||Premna corymbosa||Quantity sufficent|
|12||JAMBEERA||Juice of lemon||Quantity sufficent|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Purified mercury and sulphur triturated first to prepare a black coloured mixture known as kajjali. Kajjali grounded with rest of the drugs and grounded with lemon juice, juice of agnimantha and tablets are made.
- Purification of tankana – by heating water losses and become powder form
- Purification of Ativisha – by using cow dung juice
- Detoxification of Parada – Ground with juice of Aloevera, Triphala(Terminalia chebula,Terminalia bellerica,Emblica officinalis),root of chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated for 7 times.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – diseases of digestive system
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting Abhyanthara roga marga – indigestion, diarrhoea.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
250 mg (2 gunja ) after food twice daily along with honey or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practiced in the treatment different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – cleans the respiratory passage, calms mind (mental stress aggravates digestive problems)
Patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. Patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items , luke warm water, gruel
- Avoid smoking , carbonated drinks, alcohol
- Avoid consumption of heavy diet at bed time.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRA INDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction by the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and over dosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Brihat yoga tarangini
- Bhaishajya ratnavali
- Dadimashtaka churna
- Kapithashtaka churna
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.