Crabs are the ectoparasites found in the region of pubic hair and genital area. Crab is included under phylum Arthropoda. It is also known as pubic lice.
- SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- CAUSES OF CRAB INFESTATION
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CRAB INFESTATION
- DIAGNOSIS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- TREATMENTS FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- PROGNOSIS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- COMPLICATIONS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- CRAB INFESTATION AND AYURVEDA
- NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF CRAB INFESTATION
- PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- AYURVEDIC LOCAL TREATMENT FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- AYURVEDIC SHODHANA TREATMENT FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- HOME REMEDIES FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- YOGA FOR CRAB INFESTATION
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- Itching is the major symptom
- Redness and irritation at the site of the bite
- Falling of pubic hair
CAUSES OF CRAB INFESTATION
- Crab infestation is caused by Phthirus pubis
PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CRAB INFESTATION
Crab infestation mainly spread through sexual activity. It may be spread from one person to another through infected towels, cloths etc. It may be infested in other areas such as armpits, chest, eyelashes and eyebrows.
DIAGNOSIS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- Proper history taking
- Physical examination
TREATMENTS FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- Local application of anti-itch creams, lotions, shampoo
PROGNOSIS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- Crab infestation is curable
COMPLICATIONS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- Scratching causes skin discolouration
- Destruction of the hair follicle by bites leads to permanent hair loss.
- Secondary bacterial infections
CRAB INFESTATION AND AYURVEDA
- In ayurveda crab infestation is called krimi roga
- Symptoms of crab infestation are particularly similar to dadru kushta.
NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF CRAB INFESTATION
- Krimi spreads from one person to another by direct contact
The risk factors of krimi manifestation are;
- Unhygienic conditions
- Consumption of mutually contradicted food
- Excess intake of black gram, radish, sesame, milk and jaggery
PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- Kandu -Itching
SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- Due to the above-mentioned risk factors, doshas get aggravated. If there are any triggering factors the doshas lodged on the site of krimi infestation and symptoms are manifested.
LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- Kandu – itching
- Twak vivarnatha – skin discolouration
- Roma chyuthi – hair falling
AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF CRAB INFESTATION
- Sadhya – curable
CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR CRAB INFESTATION
Ayurvedic local treatment for crab infestation
- Local application of tuthadi malahara , jatyadi ghrita
- Washing with tutha drava, triphala kashaya and dry the area
AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- Vidanga churnam
- Manjishtadi kashayam
- Manjishtadi arkam
- Patoladi kashayam
- Panchatikta guggulu ghrita
AYURVEDIC SHODHANA TREATMENT FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- Vamana – emesis
- Virechana – purgation
COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR CRAB INFESTATION
HOME REMEDIES FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- Washing with water boiled with neem leaves and turmeric
DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- Avoid food items that produce dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume balanced diet
- Turmeric is included in the diet.
- Avoid overuse of milk, curd, jaggery, meat, fish in the diet
YOGA FOR CRAB INFESTATION
- Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Stress can exhaust your immune system, making you more vulnerable to contracting a parasite infestation like crab infestation, this pranayama calms the mind
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the state committee member of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.