Creutzfeldt-jakob disease (CJD) is a rapidly progressive neurodegenerative disorder characterized by dementia and death.
- SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- CAUSES OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- DIAGNOSIS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- TREATMENTS FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- PROGNOSIS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- COMPLICATIONS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE AND AYURVEDA
- NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- AYURVEDIC LOCAL TREATMENT FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- AYURVEDIC SHODHANA TREATMENT FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- HOME REMEDIES FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- YOGA FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- Difficulty in speaking
- Muscle jerks
- Vision problems
- Overactive reflexes
- Coordination problems
- Personality changes
CAUSES OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- Creutzfeldt-jakob disease is caused by an abnormal infectious protein called a prion.
PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
In Creutzfeldt-jakob disease the infectious protein prion accumulates in the brain leading to irreversible damage to nerve cells. This disease is transmitted to a person through consuming infected brain or nervous tissue. This disease is not transmissible through normal contact.
DIAGNOSIS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- ELISA blood test
- Examination of cerebrospinal fluid
- The examination of brain tissue after death can confirm the presence of Creutzfeldt-jakob disease
TREATMENTS FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- Pain killers
- Palliative care
PROGNOSIS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- No cure for creutzfeldt-jakob disease and it is fatal. Symptoms are manageable with proper therapy.
COMPLICATIONS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- Respiratory failure
- Heart failure
CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE AND AYURVEDA
- In Ayurveda,creutzfeldt-jakob disease can be managed based on the symptoms.
- In Ayurveda dementia refers to smritibudhihrasa, one of the major symptoms of creutzfeldt-jakob disease.
- In the Ayurvedic system of medicine, Rasayana and Panchkarma therapy are very useful in the management of dementia.
- Anidratha (insomnia) is the symptom of increased vata, pitta dosha and depletion of tarpaka kapha.
NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- Dhatu kshaya (degeneration)
- Excess dosha vitiation
PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- Coordination problems
- Impairment of memory
SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
To understand the pathogenesis of symptoms in the light of Ayurvedic literature it is necessary to review the general physiology of Manas and Buddhi. Before discussing the aetiology and psychopathology of Smritibuddhi bhramsa, it is worth considering the relation of Mana, Buddhi, Medha, Dhriti and Smriti with each other. In the case of dementia, there is a defect in coordination between mana, budhi…etc. The vitiated doshas travel to manas through the srota-which may be viewed as a functional circulatory or nervous system, leading to anidratha (insomnia).
LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- Swara bhanga – difficulty in speech
- Gati bhramsa – movement disorders
- Smriti bhramsa – loss of memory
- Budhi bhramsa – loss of intellectual ability
- Anidratha – insomnia
AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- No cure – asadhya
- Symptoms are manageable with proper ayurvedic therapies
CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
Ayurvedic local treatment for creutzfeldt-jakob disease
- Svedam – Fermentation
- Talam, shirodhara, shirovasthi,shiro abhyanga – medicinal application on the head
- Abhyanga – oil massage on the body
AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
AYURVEDIC SHODHANA TREATMENT FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- Vasthi – Medicated enema
- Nasyam – Nasal medication
COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- Snehadhara – with balaswagandha tailam and ksheerabala tailam
- Shashtika Sali panda sweda
HOME REMEDIES FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- Proper rest
- Enhance communications with family members
- Practice regular exercise
- Schedule the daily activities
DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- Avoid food items that produce dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, cow’s milk, ghee
- Avoid heavy exercises which further aggravate the conditions.
- Oil massage on the whole body is advised.
YOGA FOR CREUTZFELDT-JAKOB DISEASE
- Nadi Shuddi Pranayam
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, and the body relaxed. The patient has to close one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
- Savasana – relaxes body and mind
- Bhastrika pranayama
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the state committee member of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.