Chaturmukh ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of broad spectrum of diseases including diabetes, respiratory disorders and psychotic disorders. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by physician.
BENEFITS OF CHATURMUKH RAS
- This medicine is mainly used in the management of diseases of diabetes and associated complications.
- This medicine is specially administrated in disease called Amlapitta ( acidity and acid regurgitation)
- It is also effective in severe hiccough
- This medicine is also effective in psychotic disorders like depression, insanity, epilepsy.
- This medicine is used as a natural rejuvenator.
INDICATIONS OF CHATURMUKH RAS
- Amlapitta – acid regurgitation
- Sula – Abdominal colic
- Kasa – cough
- Mandagni – indigestion
- Pandu – anaemia
- Apasmaram – epilepsy
- Unmadam – depression/ insanity
- Twak roga – skin diseases
- Visarpa – cellulitis
- Vrana – chronic wound
- Vidhradi – abscess
INGREDIENTS OF CHATURMUKH RAS
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||PARADA||Purified mercury||1part||fast relieve from symptoms|
|2||GANDHAKA||Purified sulphur||1part||Beneficiary effect on skin diseases, respiratory diseases.|
|3||LOHA BHASMA||Bhasma of iron||1 part||Tonic and rejuvenator|
|4||ABHRAKA BHASMA||processed Biotite mica||1part||balances vata dosha, reduces pain|
|5||KUMARI||Aloevera||Aloe vera||Quantity sufficient|
|6||ERANDA||Castor||Ricinus communis||Quantity sufficient|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Purified mercury and sulphur triturated first to prepare a black coloured mixture known as kajjali. Kajjali grounded with rest of the drugs and juice of kumari and tablets are made , tablets covered with leaf of eranda and stored.
- Detoxification of Parada – Ground with juice of Aloevera, Triphala(Terminalia chebula,Terminalia bellerica,Emblica officinalis),root of chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated for 7 times.
- Purification of loha – Heated and immersed in sesame oil,buttermilk, cow’s urine,gruel and decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
- Purification of Abhraka – Heating and quenching in decoction of Triphala or cow’s milk for 7 times.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha dhatu –digestive problems, amlapitta
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
Abhyanthara roga marga – respiratory diseases, acidity, abdominal colic and madhyama roa marga – diabetes, epilepsy
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 1 to 2 tablets after food once or twice daily along with honey or powder of triphala (Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis) or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practiced in the treatment different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Effective in respiratory diseases, cleans the respiratory passage, calms mind (mental stress aggravates acidity)
Patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. Patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid sugar containing diet in patients with diabetes.
- Avoid smoking , carbonated drinks, alcohol
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRA INDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction by the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and over dosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – vatavyadhi chikilsa
- Vasantha kusumakara ras
- Chandra prabha gulika
- Chandrakala ras
- Uma ayurvedics Pvt. Ltd
- Pharmaceutical study of Lauha Bhasma
2. Toxicity study of Lauha Bhasma (calcined iron) in albino rats
3. Antidiabetic Activity of an Ayurvedic Formulation Chaturmukha Rasa: A Mechanism Based Study