Chandramrit ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of fever and respiratory disorders. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by physician.
BENEFITS OF CHANDRAMRIT RAS
- This medicine is used in the treatment of fever.
- It is particularly used in the management of different types of cough.
- Its antipyretic action is effective in both acute and chronic fever.
- It induces sweating
- It is also effective in allergic sneezing, rhinitis.
- Usually non infectious and viral fever responds with its use.
INDICATIONS OF CHANDRAMRIT RAS
- Jwara – Acute and chronic fever
- Running nose
- Allergic rhinitis
- Breathing difficulty
- Worm infestation
INGREDIENTS OF CHANDRAMRIT RAS
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||SUNDI||Ginger (dried)||Zingiber officinalis||1 part||carminative|
|2||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||1 part||carminative|
|3||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||1 part||carminative|
|4||HARITAKI||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||1 part||rejuvenator|
|5||VIBHITAKI||Belliric myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||1 part||rejuvenator|
|6||AMALAKI||Indian goose berry||Emblica officinalis||1 part||rejuvenator|
|7||CHAVYA||Piper chaba||1 part||carminative|
|8||DHANYAKA||coriander||Coriandrum sativum||1 part||Balances tridosha|
|9||JEERAKA||Cumin seed||Cuminum cyminum||1 part||carminative|
|10||SAINDHAVA||Rock salt||1 part||Balances vata, pitta, kapha|
|11||PARADA||Purified mercury||1 part||fast relieve from symptoms|
|12||GANDHAKA||Purified sulphur||1 part||Beneficiary effect on respiratory diseases.|
|13||LOHA BHASMA||bhasma of Iron||1 part||tonic and rejuvenator|
|14||ABHRAK BHASMA||processed Biotite mica||1 part||balances vata pitta dosha|
|15||TANKANA||borax||1 part||Beneficiary effect in respiratory system|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Purified parada and purified gandhaka triturated continuously to get a homogenous black coloured mixture known as kajjali. This kajjali again grounded with above drugs (previously titurated with goat’s milk) and prepare a homogenous mixure. Finally this mixture grounded with black pepper and tablets are made.
- Detoxification of Parada – Ground with juice of Aloevera, Triphala(Terminalia
chebula,Terminalia bellerica,Emblica officinalis),root of chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
- Purification of Abhraka – Heating and quenching in decoction of Triphala or cow’s milk for 7 times.
- Purification of loha – Heated and immersed in sesame oil,buttermilk, cow’s urine,gruel and decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated for 7 times.
- Purification of tankana – by heating water losses and become powder form
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata ,pitta, kapha predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – fever, indigestion
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga like diseases affecting respiratory system and digestive system.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
1 to 2 tablets after food once or twice daily along with honey or fresh ginger juice or juice of vasa ( Adathoda vasica) or powder of pippali ( piper longum) or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practiced in the treatment different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Effective in respiratory diseases, cleans the respiratory passage
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items , luke warm water, greul
- Avoid exposure to cold environment.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRA INDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction by the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and over dosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – kasa chikilsa
- Hinguleswara rasa
- Vettumaran gulika
- Surya prabha gulika
- Dasamulam katutrayam kashayam
- Kasa kutar ras
- Vyoshadi vataka
- Talisa patradi churnam
- Dindayal Industries Ltd
- Uma Ayurvedics
- Antimicrobial activity of water extracts of trikatu churna and its individual ingredient
- Pharmaceutical study of Lauha Bhasma
3. Toxicity study of Lauha Bhasma (calcined iron) in albino rats