Chandanadi lauha is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of different kinds of fever. This tablet / powder contain fewer mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by physician.
BENEFITS OF CHANDANADI LAUH
- This medicine is used in the treatment of fever produced by vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Its antipyretic action is effective in both acute and chronic fever.
- It induces sweating
- It is also effective in intermittent fever.
- Usually non infectious and viral fever responds with its use.
INDICATIONS OF CHANDANADI LAUH
- Acute fever
- Chronic fever
- Intermittent fever
- Digestive problems
INGREDIENTS OF CHANDANADI LAUH
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||RAKTA CHANDANA||Red sandal||Pterocarpus santalinus||1 part||Balances kapha pitta,relieves fever|
|2||HRIBERA||Pavonia odorata||1 part||Antipyretic action|
|3||PATHA||Cyclea peltata||1 part||Balances vata-kapha|
|4||USHIRA||Khaskhas grass||Vetiveria zizanoides||1 part||Relieves fever|
|5||KANA||Long pepper||Piper longum||1 part||carminative|
|6||SHIVA||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||1 part||rejuvenator|
|7||NAGARA||Ginger||Zingiber officinale||1 part||carminative|
|8||UTPALA||Nymphaea stellata||1 part||Balances vata, pitta, kapha, antipyretic action|
|9||DHATRI||Indian goose berry||Emblica officinalis||1 part||rejuvenator|
|10||MUSTA||Nut grass||Cyperus rotundus||1 part||Reduces fever|
|11||CHITRAKA||Lead wort||Plumbago zeylanica||1 part||carminative|
|12||VIDANGA||Embelia ribes||1 part||Action against infections|
|13||LOHA BHASMA||Bhasma of iron||12 part||Tonic and rejuvenator|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
12 part loha bhasma and 1 part each of rest of the drugs powdered and ground together to get a homogenous mixture.
- Purification of loha – Heated and immersed in sesame oil,buttermilk, cow’s urine,gruel and decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata ,pitta, kapha predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, rakta dhatu – fever, indigestion, anaemia
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga like diseases affecting digestive system.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
250 mg – 500 mg after food once or twice daily along with honey or fresh ginger juice or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practiced in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
Patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. Patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items , Luke warm water, gruel
- Avoid exposure to cold environment.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRA INDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction by the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and over dosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – jwara chikilsa
- Hinguleswara rasa
- Vettumaran gulika
- Surya prabha gulika
- Vishama jwaranthaka lauha
- Pharmaceutical study of Lauha Bhasma
2. Toxicity study of Lauha Bhasma (calcined iron) in albino rats
3. Krimigna action of vidanga against clinical isolates of multidrug resistant bacteria, importance of correct identification.
4. Clinical efficacy of Amalaki Rasayana in the management of Pandu (Iron deficiency anemia)