Cheriya karpuradi churna is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diseases affecting the respiratory and digestive system. This powder contains only herbal ingredients. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF CHERIYA KARPURADI CHURNA
- This medicine is used in the treatment of respiratory and digestive diseases.
- As per Ayurvedic classics, this medicine is effective in vata and kapha dosha.
INDICATIONS OF CHERIYA KARPURADI CHURNA
- Breathing difficulty
- Running nose
- Allergic rhinitis
INGREDIENTS OF CHERIYA KARPURADI CHURNA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||SHUNDI||Ginger||Zingiber officinale||6 parts||Carminative|
|2||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||4 parts||Carminative|
|3||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||5 parts||carminative|
|4||TAKKOLA||Illicium verum||1 part|
|5||TWAK||cinnamon||Cinnamomum zeylanicum||1 part||Balances pitta and vata|
|6||NAGAKESARA||Mesua ferrea||3 part||carminative|
|7||KARPURA||camphor||Cinnamomum camphora||1 part||aphrodisiac|
|8||JATIPATRI||Nutmeg||Myristica fragrans||1 part||balances vata dosha, action on the central nervous system|
|9||LAVANGA||Clove||Syzygium aromaticum||2 part||carminative|
|10||JATIPHALA||Nutmeg fruit||Myristica fragrans||1 part||balances vata dosha, action on the central nervous system|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Above mentioned drugs are taken in the prescribed quantity and finely powdered.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, kapha predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – indigestion
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga like cough, breathing difficulty, indigestion
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 3 gm after food twice or thrice daily along with honey or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Effective in respiratory diseases, cleans the respiratory passage
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, Lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid exposure to the cold environment.
- Avoid sugar-containing diet in patients with diabetes.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage may lead to side effects like gastric irritations.
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Swasa kutar ras
- Kasa kutar ras
- Vyoshadi vataka
- Agastya rasayan
- Kapha kutar ras
- Therapeutic and Medicinal Uses of Karpura-A Review
- Toxicological studies of Karpura Rasa on the basis of lipid profile, Liver function and kidney function in rat plasma after chronic administration