Balrogantak ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of fever, cough in children. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by physician.
BENEFITS OF BALROGANTAK RAS
- This medicine used in the management of diseases affecting children.
- It is particularly administrated in different types of fever in children.
- It also effective in upper respiratory disorders like chronic cough.
- As per Ayurvedic classics this medicine balances vata, pitta and kapha dosha.
INDICATIONS OF BALROGANTAK RAS
- Jwara – different kinds of fever
- Kasa – cough
INGREDIENTS OF BALROGANTAK RAS
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||PARADA||Purified mercury||3 gm||fast relieve from symptoms|
|2||GANDHAKA||Purified sulphur||3 gm||Beneficiary effect on respiratory diseases.|
|3||SUVARNA MAKSHIKA||Bhasma of Iron pyrite||1.5 gm||Tonic and immune booster|
|4||BHRINGARAJA||Eclipta alba||Quantity sufficient||effective in respiratory infections|
|5||NIRGUNDI||vitex negundo||Quantity sufficient||Analgesic, action in respiratoty system|
|6||KAKAMACHI||Black night shade||Solanum nigrum||Quantity sufficient||Effective in respiratory diseases|
|7||GREESHMA SUNDARAKA||Mollugo oppositifolia||Quantity sufficient|
|8||SURYAVARTAKA||Cleome gynandra||Quantity sufficient||Used in parasitic infections|
|9||SWETHAPARAJITHA||Clitoria terneata||Quantity sufficient||Relieves fever, cough|
|10||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||1.5 gm||carminative|
|11.||MANDUKAPARNI||Centella asiatica||Quantity sufficient||Beneficial effect in brain|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Purified mercury and sulphur triturated first to prepare a black coloured mixture known as kajjali. Kajjali grounded with rest of the juice of drugs, bhasma of suvarna makshika, powder of maricha and tablets are made with the size of sarshapa (mustard).
- Detoxification of Parada – Ground with juice of Aloevera, Triphala(Terminalia chebula,Terminalia bellerica,Emblica officinalis),root of chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated for 7 times.
- Purification of suvarna makshika – by using decoction of triphala (Terminalia chebula,Terminalia bellerica,Emblica officinalis)
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting all dhatus particularly rasadhatu and raktha dhatu –fever, indigestion
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga – vomiting, diarrhoea, anorexia, respiratory complaints.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 1 to 2 tablets after food once or twice daily along with honey or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items , luke warm water, greul
- Avoid exposure to cold environment.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRA INDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction by the physician.
- Improper administration and over dosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of disease and age of the child. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine produce sedation in child?
No, this medicine not produces sedatory effect
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – Balaroga chikilsa
- Vettumaran gulika
- Surya prabha gulika
- Amrithottaram kashayam
- Dasamulam katutrayam kashayam
- Gopichandanadi gulika
- Evaluation of the effect of conventionally prepared swarna makshika bhasma on different bio-chemical parameters in experimental animals
- Toxicity study of two iron containing bhasmas, swarna makshika bhasma and kasis bhasma