Ayurvedic treatment for Allergy Wet Weather uses the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda lifestyle in different climates. Changes happening in temperature and humidity can cause allergy responses in the body. Generally, the symptoms like sneezing and congestion occur and they may be due to swelling that resultsresults from changes in the nose’s membranes.
- Signs and symptoms of Allergy wet weather
- Causes of Allergy wet weather
- Diagnosis of Allergy wet weather
- Treatments of Allergy wet weather
- Prognosis of Allergy wet weather
- Complications of Allergy wet weather
- Allergy wet weather in Ayurveda
- Nidana- Causes of Allergy wet weather
- Lakshana of Allergy wet weather
- Prognosis of Allergy wet weather
- Chikitsa (Treatment) of Allergy wet weather
- Commonly used medicines for Allergy wet weather
- Diet desirable to prevent Allergy wet weather
- Research articles link.
Signs and Symptoms
The common signs and symptoms includes,
- Runny or stuffy nose, sneezing
- Irritation of eyes, redness, and watering of eyes.
- Itchy feeling in sinus, throat.
- Itching in ear and congestion
- Headache, shortness of breath, wheezing, and coughing are some of the less common symptoms.
- In people with asthma, seasonal allergy can trigger asthma symptoms.
Allergic rhinitis (Hay fever) occurs when the immune system identifies a usually harmless airborne substance as an allergen and then responds to it by releasing histamines or other chemicals into the bloodstream. These substances cause allergic symptoms. The triggering factor in each season varies.
Some of the most common indoor allergens that can trigger your winter allergies where the climate is very cold include airborne dust particles. dust mites. pet dander, etc.
The symptoms usually occur in the concerned season and so the diagnosis becomes easy. Doing physical examination of ears, nose, and throat may help to diagnose the allergy. To confirm blood tests for serum IgE, skin tests can also be done.
Treatment includes the avoidance of substances that triggers allergic responses. Decongestants and antihistamines are the choices of drugs. Immunotherapy can be suggested for a complete cure. Lactobacillus acidophilus, the “friendly” bacteria found in yogurt and spirulina, a type of blue-green algae are believed to be the alternative treatments which are beneficial in seasonal allergies.
Symptoms usually subside by the treatments and avoidance of exposure to allergens. But drastic seasonal changes trigger the allergy.
People with asthma may worsen the symptoms in the wet cold season. The symptoms worsen quickly following heavy downpours.
Disease and Ayurveda
The disease Pratisyaya (rhinitis), Seetapitta, kasa (cough), swasa(breathlessness) can be considered in this background. Following regimens said for each season by scholars can prevent seasonal diseases and stay healthy.
- Caused due to exposure to cold and vitiated wind. Vitiated wind can be considered as polluted air.
- Smoke and dust can cause breathlessness. Tamaka swasa which is correlated to Asthma get worsen in days of dark clouds and heavy downpour.
- Allergens, living with animals
- Dust, cold, humidity, etc. causes allergic rhinitis.
Lakshana Signs and Symptoms
Allergic cough in wet weather most have symptoms like Stickiness in mouth, headache, the heaviness of the body, anorexia, not many attacks of cough, a lot of phlegm comes out
- Pricking pain
- Burning sensation
Pratisyaya (Allergic rhinitis )
- Pain in head(Shirasoola)
- Heaviness of head (Sirogurutwa)
- Nasal discharge
- Jwara (fever)
- Kasa (cough)
- Vitiation of kapha dosha
- Swarabheda (hoarseness of voice)
Samana- treatment to alleviate doshas can be selected considering the vitiated doshas and the symptoms seen. Drugs to improve digestive power and immunity can be advocated accordingly.
Shodhana: sodhana done before the beginning of each new season can make homeostasis of doshas and thus prevent the onset of seasonal diseases. Emesis, purgation, and nasal installation of Anu thaila can be done.
Commonly used medicines
- Agasthya rasayana
- Dasamoola rasayana
- Dasamoola ghrita
- Thaleesapatradi choorna
- Rajanyadi choorna
- Swasakootara rasa
- Kasakootara rasa
- Haridrakhandam with milk
- Rajanyadi choornam with honey
- Guloochyadi kashayam
- Nimbarajanyadi choornam
- Pachanamrutham Kashayam
- Chiruvilwadi Kashayam
- Ashta Churna
- Arogyavardhini Ras
- Vilwadi Gutika
- Vaidyaratnam Oushadasala
- Aryavaidyasala Kottakkal
- SNA Oushada saala
Home Remedies and diet
A seasonal regimen can be followed.
Winter season: meat soup topped with ghee, pastries of wheat, rice flour, hot water of daily activities, keeping warm always basking in the sun judiciously, sudation, etc.
Rainy season: that food which are easy to digest, emesis, purgation, enema, seasoned meat soup, honey with water, cellared alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Meditation, etc.
Research articles link.