Bhujagalathadi kera tailam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diseases affecting head and scalp. This medicine is in the form of herbal oil.
BENEFITS OF BHUJAGALATHADI KERA TAILAM
- This medicine used in the management of diseases of the head (shiras) and scalp.
- The medicine is used for external application on the head.
- This type of administration of medicine in Ayurveda known as abhyangam.
INDICATIONS OF BHUJAGALATHADI KERA TAILAM
- Vascular headache
- Burning sensation of the scalp
- Itching on scalp
- Hair fall
INGREDIENTS OF BHUJAGALATHADI KERA TAILAM
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||LATIN/ ENGLISH||ACTION|
|1||USHIRA||Vetiveria zizanioides||Antipyretic action|
|2||MADHUKA||Glycyrrhiza glabra||Rejuvenator Beneficial effect on eyes|
|3||KUSHTA||Saussurea lappa||Effective in skin diseases|
|4||HRIBERA||Pavonia odorata||Antipyretic action|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Oil prepared with the juice of thamboolam and paste of other drugs. Coconut oil is used for its preparation.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa,asthi,majja dhatu – pain in and around the head
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting all roga marga
madhyama roga marga –headache
DOSAGE AND USAGE
External application on the head or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
The following yoga practices help to release stress and improve circulation.
- Padahasthasana (Standing Forward Bend)
- Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
- Paschimottanasana (Two-legged Forward Bend)
- Padmasana (Lotus Pose)
- Shavasana (Corpse Pose)
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items.
- Oil massage on the head is advised. This alleviates vata dosha.
- Patient with dandruff doesn’t exchange the towels, comb with others.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine is used for external application only.
- Improper usage may lead to side effects.
- Patient with recurrent rhinitis and sinusitis use this oil only after consulting an Ayurveda physician.
- Can this oil be used while taking Allopathic treatments for the headache?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this oil along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long this herbal oil can be used?
Duration of oil application on the head is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Can this medicine use for dandruff?
Yes, this herbal oil can be used to treat itching associated with dandruff.
- Shatbindu tailam used for headache as nasal instillation
- Durdurapathradi keram used for scalp itching as hair oil
- Malathyadi tailam
- Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala
- Kottakkal Arya Vaidyasala
1. The effect of a scalp massage on stress hormone, blood pressure, and heart rate of healthy female