Akik bhasma / akik pishti is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of a broad spectrum of diseases including cardiac problems, cough, and eye disorders. This tablet or powder contains mineral ingredients along with fewer herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF AKIK BHASMA
- This medicine mainly used in the management of Cardiac diseases.
- It is effective in upper respiratory symptoms like a cough.
- It helps to maintain body cool.
- It is more effective in eye disorders like infection, itching, redness and vision problems
- It is effective in acidity and heartburn.
- Provide overall health.
- As per Ayurvedic classics, it balances pitta dosha.
INDICATIONS OF AKIK BHASMA
- Heart diseases
- Eye infections
- Hot flush in the body
INGREDIENTS OF AKIK BHASMA
|1||AKIKA||Agate powder||Highly effective in cardiac problems, tachycardia|
|2||KUMARI||Aloe vera||Aloe vera||Promotes body cooling|
|4||KADALI||Banana stem||Musa paradisiaca||Promotes body cooling|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
The finely powdered Agate is grounded with the juices of kumara, ketaki, kadali, and subjected to heat and resultant powder is called Akik bhasma. Rosewater can also be used for the grinding purpose-made for pishti.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata- pitta dosha imbalance. Increased pitta dosha aggravates heart burning, hot flushes of body, acidity
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, – action in heart, digestive system
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga – digestive system, respiratory system.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
125 to 250 mg, once or twice daily after food along with cow’s milk or honey or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practiced in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items that produce pitta dosha imbalance like more acid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Avoid smoking, carbonated drinks, and alcohol
- Avoid heavy exercise
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an Ayurveda doctor
- Improper administration and overdosage lead to side effects.
- After starting this medicine check your blood pressure regularly.
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
The duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Rasoddhara tantra
- Sutashekhara rasa
- Nalikera khanta
- Drakshadi gulika
- Sankha bhasma
- Durga ayurvedic pharmacy
- Divya pharmacy
- Analytical comparative study of different shodhan dravy and different pishti dravya w.s.r.to akik