Swarna vanga is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diseases of the respiratory system, diabetes etc. This tablet/powder contains more mineral ingredients along with fewer herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF SWARNA VANGA
- This medicine is used in the treatment of respiratory diseases.
- It is also effective in allergic sneezing, rhinitis.
- This medicine is also effective in urinary disorders.
- This medicine is used as a natural rejuvenator and aphrodisiac medicine.
- This medicine is also good for the eyes.
INDICATIONS OF SWARNA VANGA
- Running nose
- Breathing difficulty
- Urinary disorders
- Eye diseases
INGREDIENTS OF SWARNA VANGA
|1||PARADA||Purified mercury||6 parts||fast relieve from symptoms|
|2||GANDHAKA||Purified sulphur||8 parts||rejuvenator|
|3||VANGA||Tin||12 parts||Balances kapha dosha|
|4||NAVASADARA||Ammonium chloride||6 parts||Carminative|
|5||NIMBU||Lemon juice||Quantity sufficient|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
It is prepared with special kupipakwa method
12 parts of liquefied vanga and 6 parts of purified parada are grounded. To this 8 parts of purified gandhaka added and triturated continuously to get a homogenous black coloured mixture known as kajjali. This kajjali again grounded with navasadara and juice of the lime. This mixture filled in an amber coloured glass bottle with 750 ml capacity. Bottle wrapped with mud smeared cloth and subjected to heating. After cooling golden coloured powder collected.
- Detoxification of mercury– Ground with the juice of Aloe vera, Triphala(Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis), the root of chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated for 7 times.
- Purification of vanga – Heated and immersed in sesame oil, buttermilk, cow’s urine, gruel and decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of kapha predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – indigestion
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting following rogamargas
- abhyanthara roga marga like cough, breathing difficulty
- Madhyama roga marga – diabetes
DOSAGE AND USAGE
125 – 250 mg after food once or twice daily along with honey or jatamansi churna or asoka kashaya or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Effective in respiratory diseases, cleans the respiratory passage
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, Lukewarm water, gruel
- Patient with diabetes avoids more sugar-containing diet.
- Avoid exposure to the cold environment.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Swasa chinthamani ras
- Kasa kutar ras for respiratory diseases
- Vyoshadi vataka
- Agastya rasayan
- Yogendra ras – for diabetes
- Unjha pharmacy
- Sree Dhootapapeshwar
- Pharmaceutical standardization of Svarṇa vaṅga
2. Svarna – vanga – a short duration toxicity study
- Pharmaceutical and analytical study of swarna vanga