Hepatitis is the inflammation of the liver caused by various viruses. Hepatitis B is a viral infection caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV) and can make the patient acutely ill. When HBV enters the liver, it invades the liver cells and begins to multiply. This causes inflammation in the liver which leads to hepatitis B. Chronic hepatitis B may eventually cause liver cirrhosis and liver cancer. This is a very infectious disease as it can be transmitted very easily from person to person. The current treatments available include antivirals, interferons and immunoglobins.
What are the symptoms of Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B is classified into acute hepatitis B, lasting less than six weeks and chronic hepatitis B, lasting longer than six months. Depending on the type of infection, symptoms vary from person to person. The incubation period before symptoms develop is between six weeks and six months. For some people, Hepatitis does not produce any symptoms. For others, the symptoms will include body pain, fever, nausea, diarrhea, jaundice, dark urine and loss of appetite. Still for many others, there will be severe illness that lasts for many months and abdominal pain.
Transmission of hepatitis B virus
Hepatitis B virus is mainly transmitted by sharing needles, coming in contact with infected blood and other body fluids, by having unprotected sex or from an infected mother to her unborn baby.
Ayurveda and hepatitis B
Allopathic drugs for hepatitis B, while being very effective, come with serious side effects and are very costly. Due to this, people look for alternative treatments that are effective in treating hepatitis B without being too expensive. Acute hepatitis B is called Kumbha Kamala in Ayurveda and is both a kapha and as well as a pitta dosha disorder. Imbalance of both these doshas can result in this disease.
Ayurvedic treatments for hepatitis B consist of lifestyle and diet modifications. Medications made from herbs are also said to have an effect on this disease. Liv.52 HB of Himalaya Herbal Healthcare is one such medication formulated for treating hepatitis B. It is the first herbal drug produced for the effective management of Hepatitis B virus (HBV). Its ingredients have antiviral, anti-inflammatory, hepatoprotective and antioxidant properties for the effective treatment of hepatitis B.
Knowing more about Liv.52 HB
Liv.52 HB in the capsule form treats the infection by inhibiting the replication of the virus which causes hepatitis B. It does not cause any side effects even after long term administration. Some other features of Liv.52 HB are:
- It aids in hepatic regeneration and protects the liver from further damage.
- It ensures the restoration of functions of the liver.
- It prevents the recurrence of the viral infection after treatment has been stopped.
- It enhances the antioxidant defense system.
Ingredients in Liv.52 HB
Liv.52 HB capsules contains two ingredients, namely:
- Mustaka (Cyperus rotundus): It pacifies the kapha and pitta dosha. It helps to lower the raised levels of serum uric acid and curbs infection in the body.
- Nagarmusta (Cyperus scariosus): It has hepatoprotective properties.
Keeping your liver healthy
Liver is one of the most important organs in our body. Without a proper functioning liver, you will be suffering from many disorders. Taking care of it must be number one priority. Below are some simple Ayurvedic home remedies that will help you have a healthy and damage-free liver.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Reduce your caffeine intake as much as possible.
- Drink warm water as it will help to clear away toxins from your body.
- Wear protection when having intercourse and avoid sharing your personal items. This helps to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases.
- Eat organically grown fruits and vegetables as they contain fewer chemicals.
- Use more garlic and turmeric in your diet.
- Detoxify regularly to flush out the toxins. Some detoxifying foods include onions, garlic, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots, beets and cabbage.
- Take a daily supplement for ensuring liver health.
Proper care of your liver and an effective herbal supplement like Liv.52 HB ensures the proper functioning of the liver is restored thus improving your overall health.