Diabetes has become one of the common diseases and has affected millions of people worldwide. Urbanization and the advancement of technology have changed the lifestyles of people. Sedentary lifestyles, stress, fast foods, etc. all have contributed to the rise in the number of people contracting diabetes. Diabetes is of three types:
- Type I, also called juvenile diabetes, is when the body cannot produce insulin. It is called insulin dependent diabetes. In this case, insulin is crucial for survival.
- Type II diabetes is when the body develops resistance to insulin. This type of diabetes is called non-insulin dependent diabetes. This can be corrected by medications, exercise and a proper diet.
- Gestational diabetes is when a woman who does not have a previous history of diabetes, has a high level of blood glucose during pregnancy.
The most common type of diabetes is the type II diabetes. This type affects the elderly, the obese and people who have a family history of diabetes. As such there is no cure for diabetes. But with the right medications, exercise and a controlled diet, diabetes can be controlled. There are many anti-diabetic medications available in the market. Of late, more and more people are opting for alternative therapies such as Ayurvedic treatments for controlling diabetes.
Several Ayurvedic formulations have been in use for centuries in the treatment of diabetes. In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as “Madhumeha”. Its characteristics and ways to effectively manage it have been documented in the Ayurvedic scriptures. Many herbs and minerals are used to formulate Ayurvedic medicines that treat diabetes.
Diabecon is an Ayurvedic dietary supplement produced by Himalaya Herbal Care for regulating the blood sugar levels in our body. It is formulated by blending 30 herbs and minerals. It aids in the proper functioning of the pancreas and the regeneration of beta cells, the only cells in our body which are responsible for the production of insulin. The herbal extracts in Diabecon supports the functioning of the endocrine system, thus maintaining normal blood glucose levels.
Symptoms of diabetes
The symptoms that indicate that you may have diabetes are listed below. It is advisable to get checked by a doctor at the earliest on experiencing any of the symptoms. Ignoring the symptoms of diabetes can lead to major complications. If left untreated, diabetes affects all major organs of your body.
- Excessive thirst and hunger
- Loss of weight
- Excessive urination
- Diminished vision
- Pain all over the body, especially in the joints
- Fatigue and lethargy
Ingredients of Diabecon
Diabecon contains a combination of extracts and powders of herbs and minerals that have been used to prepare an effective medication in regulating blood sugar levels. Some of the ingredients and their respective uses are listed in the table below:
|Ashwagandha||helps in combating the negative effects of stress|
|Jambu||helps to reduce the sugar levels in blood|
|Meshashringi||inhibits increased blood sugar levels, reduces sugar cravings|
|Guduchi||increases the body’s resistance to stress, anxiety and illness|
|Pitasara||helps in the regeneration of pancreatic Beta cells|
|Shilajeet||regulates blood sugar levels|
|Punarnava||renew and revitalize the body systems|
|Vishnu priya||strengthens the immune system|
Benefits of Diabecon
Diabecon provides safe glycaemic control. It can be used as mono-therapy or in conjunction with other anti-diabetic medications. Taking two tablets twice a day, 30 minutes before a meal on an empty stomach can help in regulating your blood sugar levels. Given below are some of the benefits you can get from it.
- It helps maintain healthy triglycerides and cholesterol levels
- It promotes the proper functioning of the pancreas
- It stimulates the beta cells in the pancreas to produce insulin
- It minimizes the long term diabetic complications
- It protects the beta cells from oxidative stress
People who should avoid taking Diabecon
Although Diabecon is a safe herbal drug, it should be taken only on the advice of an Ayurvedic physician. Diabecon can cause some reactions in people who suffer from hypertension. It should also not be given to pregnant ladies or children.
Tips for controlling diabetes
By controlling your blood sugar levels, you can lead a life that is free from the complications of diabetes. Below are some ways that will help you to lead your life to the fullest without the worry of diabetes affecting you.
- Being physically active will help in lowering your blood sugar naturally. A brisk walk or some weight lifting will do wonders for you.
- Cut down on the consumption of processed and sugary foods. Opt for foods rich in omega-3 acids and high fiber containing cereals. Consuming food rich in chromium, magnesium, calcium and zinc can also help control your diabetes.
- Reduce stress inducing work
- Having a glass of water mixed with a tablespoon of neem powder on an empty stomach can regulate your blood sugar levels.
Diabetes can be controlled with the right kind of exercises, anti-diabetic medications like Diabecon and a healthy diet. Doing so will improve the quality of your life.