Trayodashang guggulu is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of joint diseases. This tablet contains herbal ingredients only. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF Trayodasanga Gulgulu
- This medicine is beneficial to the management of muscle pain, inflammatory, and degenerative joint pain.
- It is also effective in neuromuscular diseases.
INDICATIONS OF Trayodasanga Gulgulu
- Katigraha – low backache
- Gridhrasi – sciatica
- Sandhigata vata – degenerative joint pain
- Hanustambham- Lockjaw
- Janu sandhi vata – knee joint pain
- Kushta – skin diseases
- Hridroga – heart diseases
INGREDIENTS OF Trayodasanga Gulgulu
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||ABHA||Acacia nilotica||1 part|
|2||ASWAGANDHA||Withania somnifera||1 part||The beneficiary effect in the central nervous system|
|3||HAPUSHA||Juniperus communis||1part||Balances vata, kapha|
|4||GUGGULU||Indian bedelium||Commiphora mukul||12 part||analgesic|
|5||SUNDI||Dried ginger||Zingiber officinalis||1 part||Improves digestive power|
|6||KACHURA (SHATI)||Curcuma zedoaria||1part||Balances kapha vata|
|7||SHATAVARI||Asparagus||Asparagus racemosus||1 part||Rejuvenator aphrodisiac|
|8||AMRITA||Giloy||Tinospora cordifolia||1 part||rejuvenator|
|9||VRIDHA DARU||Argyrea speciosa||1part||rejuvenator|
|10||GOKSHURA||Small caltrops||Tribulus terrestris||1 part||Diuretic action|
|12||RASNA||pluchea lanceolata||1 part||Balances vata|
|13||SHATAHVA||Anethum sowa||1 part||Carminative|
|14||GHRITA||Cow’s ghee||1 part|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Purification of guggulu – boiling in the decoction of triphala and fried in ghee
- Above mentioned ingredients are pounded with the purified guggulu and tablets are made.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa,asthi ,majja dhatu –musculoskeletal diseases, skin diseases
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting following roga marga
- Bahya roga marga – skin diseases
- Madhyama roga marga –joint pain, muscle pain
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 1to 2 tablets after food, twice daily along with lukewarm water or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddhi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items that produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour, and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid heavy exercises that further aggravate degenerated conditions.
- Oil massage on body advised. Which alleviates vata dosha
- Avoid smoking, soft drinks, and alcohol.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an ayurveda doctor.
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
The duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – vataroga chikilsa
- Mahayoga raja guggulu
- Yogendra rasa
- Maharasnadi kashayam
- Divya pharmacy
- Evaluation of efficacy of trayodashang guggulu in management of cervical spondylosis (manyagata vata)
2. A Comparative Study on Singhnad guggulu & Trayodasanga guggulu in the Management of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis W.S.R to Amavata
- Evaluation of efficacy of trayodasanga guggulu in cervical spondylosis
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871