Shringarabhra ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of a broad spectrum of diseases including respiratory disorders and gastrointestinal disorders. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF SHRINGARABHRA RAS
- This medicine is mainly used in the management of diseases of the respiratory system.
- It is also effective in diabetes and dyslipidemia.
- This medicine used as a natural rejuvenator and aphrodisiac medicine.
INDICATIONS OF SHRINGARABHRA RAS
- Kasa – cough
- Swasa – breathing difficulty
- Pratisyaya – rhinitis
- Mandagni – indigestion
- Sula – Abdominal colic
- Prameha – diabetes
- Nayana roga – eye diseases
- Medo roga – dyslipidemia, obesity
- Jwara – fever
- Amlapitta – acid regurgitation
- Sotha – swelling
- Chardi – vomiting
- Pleeha – splenic disorders
INGREDIENTS OF SHRINGARABHRA RAS
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||PARADA||Purified Mercury||6 gm||fast relieve from symptoms|
|2||GANDHAKA||Purified sulphur||12 gm||rejuvenator|
|3||SHUNDI||Ginger||Zingiber officinale||3 gm||Carminative|
|4||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||3 gm||Carminative|
|5||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||3 gm||carminative|
|6||HARITHAKI||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||3 gm||rejuvenator|
|7||VIBHITHAKI||Belliric myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||3 gm||rejuvenator|
|8||AMALAKI||Indian gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||3 gm||rejuvenator|
|9||ELA||cardamom||Elettaria cardamomum||12 gm||Balances vata and kapha|
|10||PATRA||Cinnamomum tamala||6 gm||Effective in cough|
|11||TWAK||Cinnamomum zeylanicum||6 gm||The beneficiary effect in respiratory diseases|
|12||NAGAKESARA||Mesua ferrea||6 gm||carminative|
|13||ABHRAKA BHASMA||processed Biotite mica||96 gm||balances vata dosha, reduces pain|
|14||DHATAKI||Woodfordia fruticosa||6 gm||Relieves diarrhoea|
|15||GAJAPIPPALI||Piper chaba||6 gm||Carminative|
|16||TALEESA||Abbies webbiana||6 gm||Balances kapha vata|
|17||KARPURA||camphor||Cinnamomum camphora||6 gm||aphrodisiac|
|18||JATIPATRI||Nutmeg fruit||Myristica fragrans||6 gm||balances vata dosha, action on the central nervous system|
|19||HRIBERA||Pavonia odorata||6 gm||Antipyretic action|
|20||JATAMAMSI||Spikenard||Nardostachys jatamansi||6 gm||Promotes sleep|
|21||LAVANGA||Clove||Syzygium aromaticum||6 gm||carminative|
|22||JATIPHALA||Nutmeg fruit||Myristica fragrans||12 gm||balances vata dosha, action on the central nervous system|
|23||KUSHTA||Saussurea lappa||6 gm||Balances vata and kapha|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Purified mercury and sulphur triturated first to prepare a black coloured mixture known as kajjali. Kajjali grounded with rest of the drugs and water then tablets are made.
- Detoxification of Parada – Ground with the juice of Aloe vera, Triphala(Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis), the root of chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated for 7 times.
- Purification of Abhraka – Heating and quenching in the decoction of Triphala or cow’s milk for 7 times.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha dhatu –digestive problems, amlapitta
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
abhyanthara roga marga – respiratory diseases, acidity, abdominal colic and madhyama roa marga – diabetes
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 125 mg to 250 mg in the early morning along with fresh ginger juice or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Effective in respiratory diseases, cleans the respiratory passage, calms mind (mental stress aggravates acidity)
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, milk, ghee, meat soup, vegetable soup.
- Avoid sugar-containing diet in patients with diabetes.
- Avoid smoking, carbonated drinks, alcohol
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – Rajayakshma chikilsa
- Vasantha kusumakara ras
- Chandra prabha gulika
- Chandrakala ras
- Chaturmukh ras
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to email@example.com or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871