Shoolgajkesari ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diseases affecting the digestive system. This medicine contains mineral ingredients only. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF SHOOLGAJKESARI RAS
- This medicine is mainly used in the management of diseases of the digestive system.
- This medicine is specially administrated in the disease called amlapitta (acid regurgitation).
- It is also effective in all types of pain associated with the digestive system.
INDICATIONS OF SHOOLGAJKESARI RAS
- Digestive problems
- Abdominal colic
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Splenic disorders
- Intestinal worm infestation
- Skin diseases
INGREDIENTS OF SHOOLGAJKESARI RAS
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||PARADA||Purified mercury||1part||fast relieve from symptoms|
|2||GANDHAKA||Purified sulphur||2 part||rejuvenator|
|3||TAMRA||Bhasma of copper||3 part||Effective in skin diseases, Alleviates kapha dosha|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Purified mercury and sulphur triturated first to prepare a black coloured mixture known as kajjali. Kajjali grounded with the rest of the drugs.
- Detoxification of Parada – Ground with the juice of Aloe vera, Triphala(Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis), root of chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated for 7 times.
- Purification of tamra – Heated and immersed in sesame oil, buttermilk, cow’s urine, gruel and decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – diseases of the digestive system
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga – indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 125 mg after food twice daily along with lukewarm water or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – cleans the respiratory passage, calms mind (mental stress aggravates digestive problems)
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid smoking, carbonated drinks, alcohol
- Avoid consumption of heavy diet at bedtime.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Ayurveda sara sangraha
- Dadimashtaka churna
- Kapithashtaka churna
- Sutshekhara ras
- Grahani kapat ras
- Pharmaceutical study of shoolagajakesari rasa
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to email@example.com or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871