Siva gulika is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of a broad spectrum of diseases including skin diseases, respiratory disorders, digestive disorders and psychotic disorders. This tablet contains herbal ingredients along with shilajit. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF SIVA GULIKA
- This medicine used in the management of chronic diseases like diabetes, chronic skin diseases, general debility, chronic wounds.
- It is also effective in digestive problems like diarrhoea and sprue.
- As per Ayurvedic classics this medicine balances Vata, pitta and kapha dosha.
- It is used in chronic fever also.
- This medicine is also used as a natural rejuvenator and prevents greying of hair.
INDICATIONS OF SIVA GULIKA
- Kushta – skin diseases
- Prameha – diabetes
- Atisara – chronic diarrhoea
- Kasa – cough
- Swasa – breathing difficulty
- Hikka – hiccough
- Vrana – chronic wound
- Grahani – sprue
- Pinasa – rhinitis
- Bhagandara – fistula
- Pandu – anaemia
- Switra – leucoderma
- Vidradhi – abscess
- Pliha – splenic disorders
- Jeerna jwara – chronic fever
INGREDIENTS OF SHIVA GULIKA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||ACTION|
|2||HARITHAKI||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||rejuvenator|
|3||VIBHITHAKI||Belliric myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||rejuvenator|
|4||AMALAKI||Indian gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||rejuvenator|
|6||AGNIMANTHA||Premna corymbosa||Balances vata and kapha|
|9||PATALA||Sterospermum suaveolens||Balances vata and kapha|
|11||PRISHNIPARNI||Uraria picta||Balances vata, pitta, kapha|
|13||KANTAKARI||Solanum xanthocarpum||Balances kapha and vata|
|14||GOKSHURA||Small caltrops||Tribulus terrestris||Diuretic action|
|15||GUDUCHI||Giloy||Tinospora cordifolia||The beneficiary effect in diabetes|
|16||YASHTIMADHU||Liquorice||Glycyrrhiza glabra||Rejuvenator Beneficial effect on eyes|
|17||PATOLA||Trichosanthes dioica||Balances pitta dosha|
|19||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||Carminative|
|20||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||carminative|
|21||BALA||Sidacordifolia||Balances vata dosha|
|24||KAKOLI||Lilium polphyllum||Improves immunity, provide body strength|
|25||KSHEERA KAKOLI||Frillaria roylei|
|26||MUSTA||Nut grass/ Cyperus rotundus||Reduces fever|
|27||PUSHKARAMOOLA||Inula racemosa||Effective in respiratory diseases|
|28||RASNA||pluchea lanceolata||Balances vata|
|32||CAVYA||Long pepper||Piper chaba||carminative|
|35||PATHA||Cyclea peltata||Balances vata-kapha|
|39||TALEESA||Abbies webbiana||Balances kapha vata|
|40||PATRA||Cinnamomum tamala||Effective in cough|
|43||TILATAILA||Sesame oil||Balances vata|
|46||JATIPUSHPA||Jasminum sambac||Balances pitta|
METHOD OF PREPARATION OF SHIVA GULIKA
Shilajit triturated with the decoction of triphala, dasamula, guduchi etc for 7 days then mixed with maricha, sitopala, taleespatra etc and tablets are made.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA OF SIVA GULIKA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha dhatu –respiratory diseases, skin diseases
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting all roga marga
- Bahya roga marga – skin diseases, wounds
- Abhyanthara roga marga – respiratory diseases, diarrhoea
- Madhyama roga marga – prameha
DOSAGE AND USAGE OF SIVA GULIKA
Take 12 gm after food twice daily along with milk, meat soup, pomegranate juice or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA FOR SIVA GULIKA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR OF SIVA GULIKA
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS OF SIVA GULIKA
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an Ayurveda doctor
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
CLASSICAL REFERENCE OF SIVA GULIKA
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – Rasayana adhyaya
EQUIVALENT MEDICINES OF SIVA GULIKA
- Lakshmi vilas ras
- Amalaki rasayana
- Gandhaka rasayana
AVAILABLE BRANDS OF SIVA GULIKA
- Unjha pharmacy
RESEARCH PAPERS OF SIVA GULIKA
- Shiva gutika-a critical approach to its pharmacological action
- Clinical study to evaluate the role of shivagutika in cystic ovarian disease
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871