Shilajit vati is an Ayurvedic medicine prepared from shilajit. Shilajit also called mineral pitch. It is a sticky, black, tar like substance that comes from rocks in high mountain ranges by the long process of breaking down of plant matter and minerals. This tablet is a proprietary Ayurvedic medicine also called shilajit rasayana vati manufactured by Patanjali Ayurved Limited. In Caraka Samhita, an Ayurvedic classical textbook another preparation named “Shilajit vataka” explained for the treatment of anaemia.
BENEFITS OF SHILAJIT VATI
- This medicine used in the management of chronic diseases like diabetes, chronic skin diseases, and general debility as a supportive medicine.
- This medicine is also used as a natural rejuvenator.
- It is beneficial for nervous system disorders.
- It works as an aphrodisiac medicine.
INDICATIONS OF SHILAJIT VATI
- skin diseases
- Nervous system disorders
INGREDIENTS OF SHILAJIT VATI
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH/ LATIN||ACTION|
|2||ASWAGANDHA||Withania somnifera||The beneficiary effect in the central nervous system|
|3||BHUMI AMALAKI||Phyllanthus niruri||Effective in skin diseases and liver diseases|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Purified shilajit grounded with the fine powder of above-mentioned drugs and tablets are made.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha dhatu –skin diseases
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting all roga marga
- Bahya roga marga – skin diseases, wounds
- Abhyanthara roga marga – diseases of the reproductory system
- Madhyama roga marga – diabetes
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 2 tablets after food twice daily along with milk or lukewarm water or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an ayurveda doctor
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Gandhaka rasayana
- Amalaki rasayana
- Patanjali Ayurved limited
- Clinical evaluation of purified Shilajit on testosterone levels in healthy volunteers
2. Shilajit: A Natural Phytocomplex with Potential Procognitive Activity
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to email@example.com or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871