Punarnava mandoor is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of anaemia. This tablet contains herbal ingredients along with processed iron oxide. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF PUNARNAVA MANDOOR
- This medicine is used in the treatment of anaemia and associated complications.
- It is also effective in diseases of the digestive system.
INDICATIONS OF PUNARNAVA MANDOOR
- Vishama jwara – intermittent fever
- Pandu – Anaemia
- Pleeha – splenic disorders
- Arsas – piles
- Swayathu – swelling
- Grahani – sprue, malabsorption
- Kushta – skin diseases
- Krimi – intestinal worms
INGREDIENTS OF PUNARNAVA MANDOOR
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||PUNARNAVA||Boerhavia diffusa||48 gm||Diuretic action|
|2||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||48 gm||carminative|
|3||HARITHAKI||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||48 gm||rejuvenator|
|4||VIBHITHAKI||Belliric myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||48 gm||rejuvenator|
|5||AMALAKI||Indian gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||48 gm||rejuvenator|
|6||SHUNDI||Ginger||Zingiber officinale||48 gm||Carminative|
|7||CHITRAKAM||Root of lead wort||Plumbago zeylanica||48 gm||Carminative|
|8||CAVYA||Long pepper||Piper chaba||48 gm||carminative|
|9||VIDANGA||Embelia ribes||48 gm||Effective in worm infestation|
|10||PIPPALI MULA||Long pepper (Root)||Piper longum||48 gm||carminative|
|11||DEVADARU||Cedar||Cedus deodara||48 gm||Reduces pain|
|12||DANTI||Baliospermum montanum||48 gm||laxative|
|13||TRIVRIT||Operculina turpethum||48 gm||laxative|
|14||HARIDRA||curcuma longa||48 gm||Antibacterial action|
|15||DARUHARIDRA||Berberis aristata||48 gm||Balances kapha, pitta|
|16||KUSHTA||Saussurea lappa||48 gm||Balances vata and kapha|
|17||MUSTA||Nut grass||Cyperus rotundus||48 gm||Reduces fever|
|18||KALINGAKA||Holarrhena antidysenterica||48 gm||Relieves diarrhoea|
|19||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||48 gm||Carminative|
|21||GOMUTRA||Cow’s urine||6.144 liters|
|22||MANDOORA||Bhasma of iron oxide||1.920 kg||Haematinic action|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Finely powdered drugs grounded with cow’s urine and tablets are made.
- Purification of mandura – by using the decoction of Triphala(Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis).
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of kapha , pitta predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, rakta dhatu – indigestion, anaemia
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga like diseases affecting the digestive system.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 500 mg to 1 gm after food once or twice daily along with buttermilk or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, Lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid consumption of heavy diet at bedtime.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an ayurveda doctor.
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Caraka samhita – panduroga chikilsa
- Dhatri lauha
- Punarnavadi kashayam
- Divya pharmacy
- Shree dhootapapeshwar
- Arya vaidya pharmacy
- A clinical study of Punarnava Mandura in the management of Pandu Roga in old age (geriatric anaemia)
2. Punarnava mandur: Toxicity study of classical ayurvedic formulation in wistar rats
- Effect of punarnavadi mandura and dadimadi ghrita in the management of pandu (iron defeciency anemia) in children.
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871