Praval panchamrit ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diseases affecting the digestive system. This tablet/ powder contains more mineral ingredients along with fewer herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF PRAVAL PANCHAMRIT RAS
- This medicine is mainly used in the management of diseases of the digestive system.
- It is specially administrated in diarrhoea and dysentery.
- It is also effective in the treatment of respiratory diseases.
- This medicine is effective in urinary diseases.
INDICATIONS OF PRAVAL PANCHAMRIT RAS
- Sula – Abdominal colic
- Atisara – diarrhoea
- Digestive problems
- Grahani – sprue, malabsorption
- Prameha – diabetes
- Udara – ascites
- Pleeha – splenic disorders
- Kasa – cough
- Swasa – breathing difficulty
- Hridroga – heart diseases
- Ashmari – urinary calculi
- Mutrakrichra – difficulty in urination
INGREDIENTS OF PRAVAL PANCHAMRIT RAS
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||PRAVALA BHASMA||Bhasma of Coral||2 Part||Balances vata, pitta and kapha dosha|
|2||MUKTA BHASMA||Bhasma of pearl||1 part||Balances pitta|
|3||SHANKHA BHASMA||Bhasma of conch shell||1 part||Relieves acidity|
|4||MUKTA SUKTI BHASMA||Bhasma of Pearl oyster shell||1 part||Carminative|
|5||VARATIKA ( KAPARDA BHASMA)||Bhasma of cowrie||1 part||Balances vata and kapha|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Two parts of pravala bhasma, one part each of mukta bhasma, shankha bhasma, shukti bhasma and kaparda bhasma are taken and triturated well with arka ksheera (latex of Calotropis procera). Then pellets of equal size are prepared from this mixture, dried in sunlight and heated in special equipment called puta. After cooling the product collected.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – diseases of the digestive system
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting Abhyanthara roga marga – indigestion, diarrhoea, vomiting, malabsorption and madyama rogamarga – heart diseases, diabetes
DOSAGE AND USAGE
250 mg – 375 mg (1 valla ) after food twice daily or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid smoking, carbonated drinks, alcohol
- Avoid consumption of heavy diet at bedtime.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Dadimashtaka churna
- Kapithashtaka churna
- Grahani kapat ras
- Gangadhar churna
- Shree dhootapapeshwar
- Role of Praval Panchamrut in Amlapitta
- Mukta-sukti bhasma; nectar for acid peptic disorders, w.s.r to its anti-ulcer activity – an experimental study
- Standardization, formulation development and characterization of antiulcer drug: mukta bhasma
- A Novel Approach for Quality Control of the Bhasmas of Mukta, Muktashukti, and Shankha
5. Preparation of mukta bhasma by two different methods and its comparative analytical study
6. Antiulcer Activity of a Traditional Pearl Preparation: Mukta Bhasma
- Effect of Praval bhasma (Coral calx), a natural source of rich calcium on bone mineralization in rats
8. In-house preparation and characterization of an Ayurvedic bhasma: Praval bhasma
- Physio-chemical analysis of Praval Bhasam – Prepared by using Praval Mool as raw material
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to email@example.com or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871