Pathadi churna is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of skin diseases. This powder contains only herbal ingredients. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF PATHADI CHURNA
- This medicine used in the management of chronic diseases like chronic skin diseases, chronic wounds.
- As per Ayurvedic classics this medicine balances vata, pitta and kapha dosha.
INDICATIONS OF PATHADI CHURNA
- Kushta – skin diseases
- Vrana – chronic wound
- Vidradhi – abscess
- Sopha – swelling
INGREDIENTS OF PATHADI CHURNA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||PATHA||Cissampelos pareira||1 part||Balances vata, kapha|
|2||PIPPALIMULA||Long pepper root||Piper longum||1 part||carminative|
|3||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||1 part||carminative|
|4||HARIDRA||curcuma longa||1 part||Antibacterial action|
|5||NIDIGDHIKA||Solanum xanthocarpum||1 part||Effective in respiratory diseases|
|6||SUNDI||Ginger (dried)||Zingiber officinalis||1 part||carminative|
|7||CHITRAKAM||The root of leadwort||Plumbago zeylanica||1 part||Carminative|
|8||MUSTA||Cyperus rotundus||1 part||Antipyretic action|
|9||JEERAKA(AJAJI)||Cumin seed||Cuminum cyminum||1 part||carminative|
|10||GAJAPIPPALI||Piper chaba||1 part||Carminative|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Above mentioned drugs are taken in equal quantities and finely powdered.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha dhatu – skin diseases
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting bahya roga marga – skin diseases
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 1to 3 gms after food twice daily or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid smoking, junk foods and alcohol
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage may lead to side effects
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an Ayurveda doctor
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Kaisore guggulu
- Panchathikta guggulu ghrita
1. A Comprehensive Review on Therapeutic Potentials of Patha (Cissampelos pareira Linn.) from Classical Texts of Ayurveda
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.