Mulgadi churna is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of skin diseases as bath powder. This medicine contains herbal ingredients only. This medicine should only use as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF MULGADI CHURNA
- This medicine is popularly used in the management of skin diseases as bath powder.
- As per ayurvedic classics, it is known as snana churna.
INDICATIONS OF MULGADI CHURNA
- Kushta – Skin diseases
- Darunaka – dandruff
INGREDIENTS OF MULGADI CHURNA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||MUDGA||Vigna radiata||1 part||Effective in diseases of head and eyes|
|3||ARAGVADHA||Cassia fistula||1 part||Antimicrobial action|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Above mentioned drugs are taken in equal quantity and powdered.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha dhatu – skin diseases
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting all roga marga
- Bahya roga marga – skin diseases
DOSAGE AND USAGE
External application of churna in dermatological affections as a bathing powder or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items.
- Patient with dandruff doesn’t exchange the towels, comb with others.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only administer as per the direction by the physician.
- Improper administration may lead to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic treatments?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this medicine along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal application on the affected area is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the duration and eventually stop it.
- Malathyadi tailam – for dandruff as hair oil
- Durdurapathradi keram
- Study of Aragvadha (Cassia fistula Linn.) with special reference to phyto-pharmacological properties: An overview
- Clinical evaluation of Trivṛta powder (Operculina turpethum Linn.) and Aragvadha Patra Lepa (paste of leaves of Cassia fistula Linn.) in the management of Vicharchika (eczema)
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of the prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.