Mahashankh vati is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of haemorrhoids and digestive problems. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF MAHASHANKH VATI
- This medicine is popularly used in the management of haemorrhoids
- It is effective in improving digestive power.
- This medicine is specially administrated in the disease called grahani (malabsorption)
- It is effective in constipation also
INDICATIONS OF MAHASHANKH VATI
- Digestive problems
INGREDIENTS OF MAHASHANKH VATI
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||SAUVARCHALA LAVANA||Sochal salt||1part||Carminative, balances vata|
|2||SAINDHAVA LAVANA||Rock salt||1part||Carminative, balances vata, pitta, kapha|
|3||VIDA LAVANA||Black salt||1part||Balances kapha and vata|
|4||SAMUDRA LAVANA||Common salt||1part||Carminative, balances vata|
|5||ROMAKA LAVANA||Sambhar salt||1part||Carminative, balances vata|
|7||SHANKHA BHASMA||Bhasma of conch shell||1part||Relieves acidity|
|8||CHINCHA KSHARA||Ash of tamarind||Tamarindus indica||1part||Action on the digestive system|
|10||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||1part||Carminative|
|11||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||1part||carminative|
|13||RASA||Purified mercury||1part||fast relieve from symptoms|
|14||VATSANABHA||Aconitum ferox||1part||Antipyretic action|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Purified mercury and sulphur triturated first to prepare a black coloured mixture known as kajjali. Kajjali grounded with rest of the drugs and grounded with decoction each of shikhi ( Plumbago zeylanica), saukhari ( Achyranthusaspera), nimbu (lemon juice),amla varga (juices of sour fruits like citrus medica, Tamarindus indica, Ziziphus jujuba) and tablets are made.
- Purification of vatsanabha – by using cow’s urine
- Detoxification of Parada – Ground with juice of Aloevera, Triphala(Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis),root of chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated for 7 times.
- Purification of shankha – boiling in lemon juice
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata and pitta dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa , rakta, mamsa dhatu – piles, indigestion
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting Bahya and Abhyanthara roga marga – indigestion, constipation, external and internal piles.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 1 to 2 tablets after food twice daily along with Luke warm water or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
- Yoga practice is of great role to prevent and control haemorrhoids. The practice of shatkriya or yogic cleansing techniques purify the body and prevent digestive problems.
- In haemorrhoids, one may experience constipation or difficultly in passing stool. Basti kriya aid smooth peristalsis movement for quick elimination.
- ashwini mudra in various seated and inverted postures strengthen and prevent the enlargement or swelling of haemorrhoids. Inverted postures like viparita karani, sarvangasana and sirsasana are great reliefs from the irritation and pain from the haemorrhoids.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, Lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid smoking, carbonated drinks, alcohol
- Avoid consumption of heavy diet at bedtime.
- Avoid food items which produce constipation
- Drink more water
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Chiravilwadi kashaya
- Dusparshadi kashaya
- Kankayana gulika
- Kalyana kshara
- Dadimashtaka churna
- Divya pharmacy
1. An experimental study on the antidote effect of maricha (Piper nigrum Linn) kashaya in vatsanabha (Aconitum ferox) induced toxicity
2. Evaluation of toxicity of ‘Vatsanabha’ (Aconitum ferox, Ranunculaceae) before and After Shodhana
3. HPTLC method development and validation for standardization of ayurvedic formulation: mahashankh vati
4. Overdose effect of aconite containing Ayurvedic Medicine (‘Mahashankha Vati’)
5. Detail study of maha shankha vati “a literary review”
6. A comparative study of the exudates of nadee hingu and hingu with special reference to their effect on gastro intestinal motility by charcoal meal test in albino mice
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.