Lomasathana tailam is an Ayurvedic medicine used to remove unwanted hair from the body. This medicine is in the form of herbal oil.
BENEFITS OF LOMASATHANA THAILAM
- This medicine is popularly used to remove unwanted hair from the body as an external application.
- As per Ayurvedic classics, it has lomasathana properties.
INDICATIONS OF LOMASATHANA THAILAM
- Unwanted hair due to different aetiology like PCOS, hormone imbalance, etc.
- Hirsutism- unwanted hair growth in the face and body
INGREDIENTS OF LOMASATHANA THAILAM
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH/ LATIN||ACTION|
|2||NISA||Curcuma longa||Antibacterial action|
|3||HARITALA||Arsenic trisulphide||Balances vata, pitta, kapha|
|4||PALASA KSHARA||Butea monosperma||Effective in krimi roga|
|5||SHANKHA BHASMA||Ash of Turbinella pyrum|
|6||SARSHAPA TAILAM||Mustard oil|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Oil prepared with the medicines mentioned above and mustard oil.
- Detoxification of Haritala – The roughly powdered haritala boiling in the juice of kushmanda (ash gourd- Benincasa hispida) for 3hrs.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of all dosha imbalances.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa, asthi dhatu
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting bahya roga marga
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Apply the required quantity on the affected areas of the body, or as directed by the Physician.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
- Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
- Hormonal imbalance is the major cause of hirsutism. Patients with PCOS practice regular exercises and following yogasanas.
· Bhujangasan, or Cobra Pose
· Dhanurasan, or Bow Pose
· Padmasan, or Lotus Pose
· Paschimottanasana, or Seated Forward Bend
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items.
- Avoid more oily foods, junk foods.
- Drink more water.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only administer as per the direction by the physician.
- Improper administration may lead to side effects
- Do not apply on skin prone to acne.
- Do not apply to wounds or burnt skin.
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic treatments?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this medicine along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal application is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Can this medicine use for males?
Yes, this medicine can be used for removing unwanted body hairs in both males and females.
- Lomasathana lepa – for external application
- Clinical Study of Romashatana Lepa W.S.R. to its Depilation Activity
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.