Jatilavangadi churna is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diseases affecting the respiratory system. This powder contains only herbal ingredients. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF JATILAVANGADI CHURNA
- This medicine is used in the treatment of respiratory diseases.
- As per Ayurvedic classics, this medicine is effective in vata, kapha dosha.
INDICATIONS OF JATILAVANGADI CHURNA
- Breathing difficulty
- Running nose
- Allergic rhinitis
INGREDIENTS OF JATILAVANGADI CHURNA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||ACTION|
|1||JATIPHALA||Nutmeg||Myristica fragrans||balances vata dosha, action on the central nervous system|
|3||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||Carminative|
|4||ELA||cardamom||Elettaria cardamomum||Balances vata and kapha|
|5||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||carminative|
|6||SUNDI||Ginger (dried)||Zingiber officinalis||carminative|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Above mentioned drugs are taken in the prescribed quantity and finely powdered.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, kapha predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – indigestion
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga like cough, breathing difficulty, indigestion
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 3 to 5gm before or after food twice or thrice daily or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Effective in respiratory diseases, cleans the respiratory passage
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, Lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid exposure to the cold environment.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage may lead to side effects like gastric irritation.
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Swasa kutar ras
- Kasa kutar ras
- Vyoshadi vataka
- Agastya rasayan
- Kapha kutar ras
- Antibacterial activity of jatiphala(myristica fragrans houtt.) with special reference to bacteria causing respiratory tract infections – an in vitro study
- Biological Effects of Myristica fragrans
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.