Elaneer kuzhampu is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of eye diseases. This medicine contains herbal ingredients along with rock salt. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF ELANEER KUZHAMPU
- This medicine is mainly used in the management of eye diseases.
- It is used as anjana (collyrium) to the eyes.
- As per Ayurvedic classics, it balances pitta dosha.
INDICATIONS OF ELANEER KUZHAMPU
- Timira – cataract
- Vrana – corneal ulcer
- Arma – pterygium
INGREDIENTS OF ELANEER KUZHAMPU
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||DARVI||Berberis aristata||96 gm||Effective in eye diseases|
|2||MADHUKA||Glycyrrhiza glabra)||144 gm||Balances vata, pitta, kapha|
|3||HARITHAKI||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||96 gm||rejuvenator|
|4||VIBHITHAKI||Belliric myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||96 gm||rejuvenator|
|5||AMALAKI||Indian gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||96 gm||rejuvenator|
|6||NALIKERA JALA||Tender coconut water||8.172 litres|
|7||MAKSHIKA||Honey||170 gm||Balances kapha|
|8||PITAKAROHINI||Gmelina arborea||12 gm|
|10||SAINDHAVA LAVANA||Rock salt||6 gm||Carminative, balances vata, pitta, kapha|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Elaneer kuzhampu prepared by boiling with darvi, harithaki, vibhithaki, amalaki, madhuka and nalikera then reduced to 1/ 8. Then this decoction further heated to attain semisolid consistency. At this stage fine powder of karpura, pitarohini and saindhava are added. After cooling this mixture grounded with the honey. This is known as elaneer kuzhampu, used as anjana, bestows greater benefits.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of pitta dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa, asthi,majja dhatu – eye diseases like pterygium.
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
madhyama roga marga – eye diseases
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Elaneer kuzhampu is to be administered as anjana (collyrium) or eye drops or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items.
- Avoid exposure to dust, smoke and sunlight.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only administer as per the direction by the physician.
- Improper administration may lead to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic treatments?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this medicine along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the duration and eventually stop it.
- Nayanamritham kuzhampu
- Clinical study on evaluation of the anti-cataract effect of Triphaladi Ghana Vati and Elaneer Kuzhambu Anjana in Timira (immature cataract)
- Pharmacognostical and physicochemical analysis of Elaneer kuzhambu – An ayurvedic polyherbal formulation
- The action of Elaneer Kulambu on Presbyopia- A Case Study
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.