Reading disability is a learning disorder characterised by difficulty in reading. Reading disability is also called dyslexia. It is a congenital neurodevelopmental abnormality.
- SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF READING DISABILITY
- CAUSES OF READING DISABILITY
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF READING DISABILITY
- DIAGNOSIS OF READING DISABILITY
- TREATMENTS FOR READING DISABILITY
- PROGNOSIS OF READING DISABILITY
- COMPLICATIONS OF READING DISABILITY
- READING DISABILITY AND AYURVEDA
- NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF READING DISABILITY
- PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF READING DISABILITY
- SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF READING DISABILITY
- LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF READING DISABILITY
- AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF READING DISABILITY
- CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR READING DISABILITY
- AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR READING DISABILITY
- COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR READING DISABILITY
- HOME REMEDIES FOR READING DISABILITY
- DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR READING DISABILITY
- YOGA FOR READING DISABILITY
- RESEARCH PAPERS ON AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT OF READING DISABILITY
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF READING DISABILITY
- Delayed reading ability
- Speech impairment
- Difficulty memorising
- Mispronouncing words
- Difficulty spelling
- Learning disability
CAUSES OF READING DISABILITY
- Hereditary factors
- Premature birth
- Low birth weight.
- Medications or infections that may alter brain development in the foetus.
- Impairment in the brain’s ability to process the units of speech.
- Individual differences in the parts of the brain that enable reading.
PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF READING DISABILITY
Congenital neurodevelopmental abnormalities that affect left hemisphere brain areas responsible for language association, sound and speech production, the interconnections between these areas, or a combination resulting in delayed reading ability.
DIAGNOSIS OF READING DISABILITY
- Developmental history of child
- Vision testing
- Hearing tests
- Neurological examinations
- Testing reading and other academic skills
TREATMENTS FOR READING DISABILITY
- Comprehend what he or she is reading
- Loud reading helps to build reading accuracy and fluency
- Build a vocabulary of recognized words
- Increase vocabulary by bringing words to life
PROGNOSIS OF READING DISABILITY
- A complete cure is difficult but can improve the reading qualities through proper training and practice.
COMPLICATIONS OF READING DISABILITY
- Difficulty in learning
- Reading disability can cause several social and psychological problems such as anxiety, poor self-esteem and keeping away from groups.
- Reading disability in children increases the risk of developing attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
READING DISABILITY AND AYURVEDA
According to Ayurveda, learning is a result of the successive and complex interaction of Indriyas (cognitive and motor organs), Indriyartha (sense organs), Mana (psyche), Atma and Buddhi (intellect). Above all, the functioning of these factors is governed by Tridosha (vata, pitta and kapha) and Triguna (Sattva, Raja and Tama) in specific coordination and balance Any disturbance in these Tridosha and Triguna will cause disordered functioning of Indriya, Mana and Buddhi leading to impaired learning or reading disability. Ayurvedic drugs can help in the management of reading disability by making these Tridosha and Triguna in a well-balanced state and also by providing Medhya (intellect promoting) drugs to improve the learning ability of these children.
NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF READING DISABILITY
Dosha vitiation during garbhakala (pregnancy period)
PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF READING DISABILITY
SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF READING DISABILITY
- Due to the unwholesome regimens during pregnancy, tridoshas (vata, pitta, kapha) get vitiated. Disturbance in these Tridoshaand Triguna will cause disordered functioning of Indriya, Mana and Buddhi leading to impaired learning or reading disability.
LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF READING DISABILITY
The child is not able to attain the language skills of reading, writing and spelling according to their level of intelligence.
AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF READING DISABILITY
- Symptoms are manageable with ayurvedic medications
CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR READING DISABILITY
AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR READING DISABILITY
- The four Medhya Rasayana viz., Mandukaparni (Centella asiatica), Shankhapushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis), Madhuyashti (Glycyrrhiza glabra) and Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) are especially mentioned as intellect promoting drugs.
- Brahmi Ghrita
- Vachadi Ghrita
- Ashtanga Ghrita
- Ashta Mangal Ghrita
- Guduchyadi Rasayana
COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR READING DISABILITY
- Kalyanavaleha Churna
- Saraswatha Mathra
- Bhoonimbadi Tailam
- Brahmi Ghrita
- Vachadi Ghrita
- Ashtanga Ghrita
- Ashta Mangal Ghrita
- Kalyanaka ghrita
HOME REMEDIES FOR READING DISABILITY
- Read stories aloud to your child
- Designate a time each day to read something
- Constant support from the parents
DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR READING DISABILITY
- Avoid food items that produce dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, cow’s milk, ghee
- Avoid consumption of more junk foods by the child
YOGA FOR READING DISABILITY
Gentle yoga postures and exercises help the child to promote relaxation, flexibility, strength, coordination and body awareness.
RESEARCH PAPERS ON AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT OF READING DISABILITY
1. Dyslexia: A solution through Ayurveda evidences from Ayurveda for the management of dyslexia in children: A review
- Management of Problems of Dyslexic Children through Ayurveda
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the state committee member of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.