Cystocele is the prolapsed bladder into the vagina. It is also called bladder hernia.
- SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CYSTOCELE
- CAUSES OF CYSTOCELE
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CYSTOCELE
- DIAGNOSIS OF CYSTOCELE
- TREATMENTS FOR CYSTOCELE
- PROGNOSIS OF CYSTOCELE
- COMPLICATIONS OF CYSTOCELE
- CYSTOCELE AND AYURVEDA
- NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF CYSTOCELE
- PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF CYSTOCELE
- SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF CYSTOCELE
- LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CYSTOCELE
- AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF CYSTOCELE
- CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR CYSTOCELE
- AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR CYSTOCELE
- COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR CYSTOCELE
- HOME REMEDIES FOR CYSTOCELE
- DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR CYSTOCELE
- YOGA FOR CYSTOCELE
- RESEARCH PAPERS ON AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT OF CYSTOCELE
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CYSTOCELE
- Vaginal bulge
- The feeling of downward pulling of something in the vagina
- Urinary retention
- Urinary incontinence
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Pelvic pressure
CAUSES OF CYSTOCELE
- Complications in childbirth
- Heavy weight lifting
- Chronic cough
- Post-surgical complications
- Straining during bowel movements
PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CYSTOCELE
The pathophysiology of cystocele is based on the causative factor. Weakness of pelvic muscles due to ageing causes loss of support to the bladder leads to bladder protrusion. In case of chronic cough and heavy weight lifting the downward pressure causes protrusion of the bladder.
DIAGNOSIS OF CYSTOCELE
- Proper history taking
- Physical examinations
- Diagnosis through clinical features
- Ultrasound scanning
- MRI scanning
TREATMENTS FOR CYSTOCELE
- Estrogen suppositories help to strengthen the pelvic muscles
- Surgical interventions
- Vaginal pessary insertion
PROGNOSIS OF CYSTOCELE
- No treatment is needed in the mild case. It can be fixed with nonsurgical methods. But in severe cases, surgical procedures are needed.
COMPLICATIONS OF CYSTOCELE
- Bladder control problems
- Bowel control problems
- Adversely affect the daily activities of the person
- Pain during sex
CYSTOCELE AND AYURVEDA
- In Ayurveda cystocele is managed based on the symptoms.
- It is known as “basthi bhramsa” and ‘phalini yoni vyapat’in Ayurveda.
NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF CYSTOCELE
- Excess consumption of unwholesome food
- Excess dosha vitiation in the basthi (bladder)
- Suppression of natural urges
PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF CYSTOCELE
- A feeling of something pulling through the vagina
SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF CYSTOCELE
Due to the causative factors, excess vitiation of doshas occurs along with mamsa and raktadhatu. The vitiation of mamsa dhatu causes loss of strength of pelvic muscles. When the vitiated doshas reside in the basthi further aggravates and bhramsa (prolapse) manifested.
LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CYSTOCELE
- Katigraha – back pain
- Protrusion of basthi (bladder) through yoni (vagina)
- Maidhuna asahishnutha – painful sexual intercourse
- vit vibandha – constipation
- mutraghata – urinary retention
AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF CYSTOCELE
- Krichra Sadya roga – symptoms are manageable with Ayurvedic medicines, the high degree cystocele needs surgical treatment.
CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR CYSTOCELE
AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR CYSTOCELE
- Treatment for katigraha (back pain)
- Treatment for apana vayu vaigunya
- Yoni pichu – cotton dipped in bala taila
- Yoni dharana with vesavara panda
- Yoni abhyanga with phala sarpi
COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR CYSTOCELE
- Lajjalu kashaya
- Maharasnadi kashaya
HOME REMEDIES FOR CYSTOCELE
- Avoid heavy weight lifting
- Kegel exercise
- Avoid constipation
DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR CYSTOCELE
- Avoid food items that produce dosha imbalance like extreme sour, acrid, and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Take proper rest.
- Consume a balanced diet and fibre rich food
- Drink an appropriate quantity of water
YOGA FOR CYSTOCELE
- Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – calms the mind and gets relief from the irritations associated with cystocele
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, and the body relaxed. The patient has to close one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
- Savasana – relaxes body and mind
- Moola bandha
RESEARCH PAPERS ON AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT OF CYSTOCELE
- AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT OF “CYSTOCELE” (PHALINI YONIVYAPAT) A CASE STUDY
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the state committee member of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.