Frequent urination is not a disease but it is the symptom of many systemic and urinary diseases. It is also manifested as a physiological condition without an underlying disease.
- SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- CAUSES OF FREQUENT URINATION
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF FREQUENT URINATION
- DIAGNOSIS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- TREATMENTS FOR FREQUENT URINATION
- PROGNOSIS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- COMPLICATIONS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- FREQUENT URINATION AND AYURVEDA
- NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF FREQUENT URINATION
- PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR FREQUENT URINATION
- AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR FREQUENT URINATION
- COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR FREQUENT URINATION
- HOME REMEDIES FOR FREQUENT URINATION
- DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR FREQUENT URINATION
- YOGA FOR FREQUENT URINATION
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- Urinating frequently or feeling the need to urinate frequently
- Difficulty in emptying the bladder
- Strong urge to urinate
CAUSES OF FREQUENT URINATION
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Diabetes insipidus
- Excess consumption of total fluids, alcohol or caffeine
- Urinary calculi
- Kidney diseases
- Urinary incontinence
PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF FREQUENT URINATION
Pathophysiology of frequent urination is based on the cause of the disease. In the case of urinary tract infections, the bacterial infection spreads to the bladder then finally frequent urination manifested. Physiologically, during the rainy season the urge for urination increases. In pregnancy, the pressure exerted to the bladder leads to an urge for emptying the bladder.
DIAGNOSIS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- Proper history is taken by the physician
- Urine analysis and bacterial culture
- Imaging techniques
- Blood tests
TREATMENTS FOR FREQUENT URINATION
- Anti-inflammatory medicines
- Antidiabetic treatment for DM
- Kegel exercise
PROGNOSIS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- Prognosis is based on the cause of the disease, duration and condition of the patient
- Frequent urination due to bacterial infection is easily cured by antibiotic therapy.
COMPLICATIONS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- Diabetic coma
- Kidney failure
FREQUENT URINATION AND AYURVEDA
- In Ayurveda,frequent urination is symptomatologically refers to mutra vridhi.
- It can be also managed based on the treatment of ‘prameha’
NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF FREQUENT URINATION
- Excess consumption of unctuous, cold food
- Suppression of urge for urination
- Drinking more water
PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- The increased urge for urination
SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF FREQUENT URINATION
The urination is controlled by apana vayu. Any defect in the normal functioning of apana vayu leads to urinary symptoms like frequent urination. The main symptom of prameha is ‘prabhuta avila mutrata’ (increased urination)
LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- Mutra vridhi
- The increased urge for urination(mutra vega)
AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF FREQUENT URINATION
- Prognosis of mutra vridhi based on the cause. Frequent urination due to prameha is manageable (yapya)
CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR FREQUENT URINATION
AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR FREQUENT URINATION
COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR FREQUENT URINATION
- Brihatyadi kashaya
- Chandra prabha vati
- Nishakatakadi kashayam
HOME REMEDIES FOR FREQUENT URINATION
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid caffeine-containing drinks
- Intake of less quantity of water at bedtime
DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR FREQUENT URINATION
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Drinking water boiled with cumin.
- Don’t suppress the urge for urination
YOGA FOR FREQUENT URINATION
- Nadi Shuddi Pranayam
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the state committee member of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to him-
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.