Freckles included under skin diseases. These are the cluster of brown coloured spots in the skin.
- SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF FRECKLES
- CAUSES OF FRECKLES
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF FRECKLES
- DIAGNOSIS OF FRECKLES
- TREATMENTS FOR FRECKLES
- PROGNOSIS OF FRECKLES
- COMPLICATIONS OF FRECKLES
- FRECKLES AND AYURVEDA
- NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF FRECKLES
- PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF FRECKLES
- SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF FRECKLES
- LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF FRECKLES
- AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF FRECKLES
- CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR FRECKLES
- AYURVEDIC LOCAL TREATMENT FOR FRECKLES
- AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR FRECKLES
- AYURVEDIC SHODHANA TREATMENT FOR FRECKLES
- COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR FRECKLES
- HOME REMEDIES FOR FRECKLES
- DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR FRECKLES
- YOGA FOR FRECKLES
- RESEARCH PAPERS OF AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT OF FRECKLES
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF FRECKLES
- Irregular spots
- Red, tan, brown coloured spots
- Commonly occur in the face, neck
CAUSES OF FRECKLES
- Repeated exposure to sunlight
- More common in children than adult
PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF FRECKLES
Due to the overexposure to sunlight the skin pigment melanin content increases, that found as tan or brown spots particularly on the exposed body parts.
DIAGNOSIS OF FRECKLES
- Inspection of the skin by a dermatologist
- Laboratory tests – to detect the underlying pathology
TREATMENTS FOR FRECKLES
- Laser treatment
PROGNOSIS OF FRECKLES
- Prognosis is based on the stage of freckles, duration and condition of the patient
- Some pigmentation may indicate malignant skin cancer.
COMPLICATIONS OF FRECKLES
- Risk factor for the development of melanoma
FRECKLES AND AYURVEDA
- In Ayurveda,freckles falling under ‘vyanga’.
- According to Ayurveda, twakrogas are known by the general term Kushta. Vyanga is one of the types of Kshudra Kushta. General medicines used for the treatment of skin diseases (kushta) are effective in freckles.
NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF FRECKLES
- Excess consumption of dry, oily, unctuous food
- Vitiation of dosha and dhatus
- Exposure to sunlight
PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF FRECKLES
- Brownish skin spots
SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF FRECKLES
In the pathogenesis of vyanga, tridoṣas (vāta, pitta and kapha) are involved along with rasa and rakta dhatu.
LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF FRECKLES
- Shyava varna – brownish-black discolouration
AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF FRECKLES
- Sadhya – curable
CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR FRECKLES
Ayurvedic local treatment for freckles
- nalpamaradi taila
- dinesavalyadi keram
- eladi gana churna – application on the site of spots along with buttermilk
AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR FRECKLES
- Patolamooladi kashaya
- Gandhaka Rasāyana
- Panchatikta ghrita
AYURVEDIC SHODHANA TREATMENT FOR FRECKLES
- Vamana- emesis
- Virechana – purgation
- Nasya – kumkumadi taila
COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR FRECKLES
HOME REMEDIES FOR FRECKLES
- Intake of Indian gooseberry – cools the body
- Application of buttermilk, lemon juice in the affected area
DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR FRECKLES
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid exposure to dust, smoke, sunlight
YOGA FOR FRECKLES
- Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – calms the mind and provide overall immunity and healthy skin
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
- Halahalasana provide glowing skin
RESEARCH PAPERS OF AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT OF FRECKLES
- Effect of kumkumadi taila marsha nasya in the management of vyanga
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the state committee member of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to him-
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.