Bruhath triphala churna is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of constipation etc. This powder contains only herbal ingredients. This medicine should only take as per the direction of a physician.
BENEFITS OF BRUHATH TRIPHALA CHURNA
- This medicine is mainly used in the management of constipation.
- As per Ayurvedic classics, it balances pitta and kapha dosha.
- This medicine possesses antioxidant property and used as a natural rejuvenator.
INDICATIONS OF BRUHATH TRIPHALA CHURNA
- Abdominal colic
INGREDIENTS OF BRUHATH TRIPHALA CHURNA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||ACTION|
|1||HARITAKI||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||rejuvenator|
|2||VIBHITAKI||Belliric myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||rejuvenator|
|3||AMALAKI||Indian gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||rejuvenator|
|4||MADHUKA||Glycyrrhiza glabra||Rejuvenator, beneficial effect on eyes|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Above mentioned drugs are taken and finely powdered.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of pitta and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – diseases of the digestive system
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
abhyanthara roga marga – digestive diseases
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 2 to 5 gms along with lukewarm water after food at bedtime or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items that produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid smoking, carbonated drinks, alcohol
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper usage may lead to side effects.
- Can this medicine be used while using Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal usage is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Trivrit churna
- Avipatti churna
- Triphala churna
1. Therapeutic Uses of Triphala in Ayurvedic Medicine
2. Clinical Study of ‘Triphala’ – A Well Known Phytomedicine from India