Balaguluchyadi tailam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, gout etc. This medicine is in the form of herbal oil.
BENEFITS OF BALAGULUCHYADI TAILAM
- This medicine used in the management of inflammatory joint diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.
- The administration of balaguluchyadi tailam is through oil massage on the head.
- This type of administration of medicine in Ayurveda known as abhyangam.
INDICATIONS OF BALAGULUCHYADI TAILAM
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Burning sensation of the scalp
INGREDIENTS OF BALAGULUCHYADI TAILAM
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||LATIN/ ENGLISH||ACTION|
|1||BALA||Sidacordifolia||Balances vata dosha|
|2||AMRITA/ GULUCHI||Tinospora cordifolia||Balances vata and pitta|
|3||RAKTA CHANDANA||Pterocarpus santalinus||Balances kapha pitta, relieves fever|
|4||KUSHTA||Saussurea lappa||Balances vata and kapha|
|5||DEVADARU||Cedus deodara||Reduces pain|
|7||NATA||Valeriana wallichi||The beneficiary effect on the skin|
|8||JATAMAMSI||Nardostachys jatamansi||The beneficiary effect on the central nervous system|
|9||KUNDURU||Boswellia serrata||analgesic and anti-inflammatory property|
|10||RASNA||pluchea lanceolata||Balances vata|
|11||ASWAGANDHA||Withania somnifera||The beneficiary effect in the nervous system|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Oil prepared with the decoction and paste of the above-mentioned drugs and Sesame oil.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa,asthi,majja dhatu – inflammatory joint diseases
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
madhyama roga marga – rheumatoid arthritis
DOSAGE AND USAGE
External application on the head and whole body or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items.
- Oil massage on the head is advised. This alleviates vata dosha.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only administer as per the direction by the physician.
- Improper administration leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic treatments?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this medicine along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal application on the head is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the duration and eventually stop it.
- Baladhathryadi tailam
- Kottakkal Arya vaidya sala
- Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala
- Kerala Ayurveda
- SNA Oushadhasala
- Nagarjuna Herbal Concentrates
- Sitaram Ayurveda
1. Immune-Stimulatory and Therapeutic Activity of Tinospora cordifolia: Double-Edged Sword against Salmonellosis.
2. The effect of a scalp massage on stress hormone, blood pressure, and heart rate of healthy female