Avipattikar churna is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of constipation and associated complaints. This powder contains herbal ingredients only. This medicine should only take as per the direction by physician.
BENEFITS OF AVIPATTIKAR CHURNA
- This medicine is popularly used in the management of constipation and associated complaints.
- Its laxative property contributes to the virechana process (purgation).
- As per Ayurvedic classics, it balances pitta dosha.
INDICATIONS OF AVIPATTIKAR CHURNA
- Vibandha -Constipation
- Abdominal colic
- Mutravibandha – urinary retention
- Amlapitta – acid regurgitation
- Agnimandyam – indigestion
- Prameha – diabetes
- Durnama – piles
- Ascites – Udara
INGREDIENTS OF AVIPATTIKAR CHURNA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||HARITHAKI||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||1 part||rejuvenator|
|2||VIBHITHAKI||Belliric myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||1 part||rejuvenator|
|3||AMALAKI||Indian gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||1 part||rejuvenator|
|4||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||1 part||carminative|
|5||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||1 part||carminative|
|6||SUNDI||Ginger (dried)||Zingiber officinalis||1 part||carminative|
|7||MUSTA||Nut grass||Cyperus rotundus||1 part||Reduces fever|
|8||VIDA LAVANA||Black salt||1part||Balances kapha and vata|
|9||VIDANGA||Embelia ribes||1 part||Action against infections|
|10||ELA||cardamom||Elattaria cardamomum||1 part||Balances kapha and vata|
|11||PATHRA||Cinnamomum tamala||1 part||Balances kapha and vata|
|12||LAVANGA||Clove||Syzygium aromaticum||11 Part||carminative|
|13||TRIVRIT||Operculina turpethum||44 part||laxative|
|14||SARKARA||Sugar||66 part||Balances pitta dosha|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Above mentioned drugs are taken in prescribed quantity and finely powdered. sugar added at last.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of pitta dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – Diseases of digestive system.
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga – constipation, amlapitta.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 8 to 10 gm before food or in between meals along with sugar or milk or lukewarm water or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practiced in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
Patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. Patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
- Yoga practice is of great role to prevent and control constipation. Practice of shatkriya or yogic cleansing techniques purify the body, and prevent digestive problems.
- Basti kriya aid smooth peristalsis movement for quick elimination.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items , butter milk, gruel
- Avoid smoking , carbonated drinks, alcohol
- Avoid consumption of heavy diet at bed time.
- Avoid food items which produce constipation
- Drink more water.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRA INDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction by the physician.
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an ayurveda doctor.
- Improper administration and over dosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – amlapitta chikilsa
- Trivrit lehyam
- Gandharva erandam
- Trivritadi churnam
- Divya pharmacy
- Maharishi ayurveda
- Evaluation of the efficacy of avipattikar churna in the management of amlapitta
2. Study on clinical efficacy of avipattikar choorna and sutasekhar rasa in the management of urdhwaga amlapitta.
3. Evaluation of Anti-Secretory and Anti-Ulcerogenic Activities of Avipattikar Churna on The Peptic Ulcers in Experimental Rats.
4. Prospective Interventional Study of Avipattikar Churna in relation with AMLAPITTA vyadhi”.
5. Energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy in quality control of powdered herbal formulation – avipattikar churna.