Avalgujabijadi churna is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of skin diseases. This medicine contains mineral ingredient along with herb. This medicine should only use as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF AVALGUJABIJADI CHURNA
- This medicine is popularly used in the management of skin diseases as an external application.
- As per ayurvedic classics, it balances vata, pitta, kapha dosha and all dhatus.
INDICATIONS OF AVALGUJABIJADI CHURNA
- Kushta – Skin diseases
- Switra – leucoderma
INGREDIENTS OF AVALGUJABIJADI CHURNA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH / LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||BAKUCHI||Psoralea corylifolia||1 Part||Effective in leucoderma|
|2||HARITALA||Arsenic trisulphide||¼ part||Balances kapha dosha, Effective in skin diseases|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Above mentioned drugs are taken and finely powdered.
- Purification of bakuchi – by using cow’s urine
- Detoxification of Haritala – The roughly powdered haritala boiling in the juice of kushmanda (ash gourd- Benincasa hispida) for 3hrs.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting all dhatus – skin diseases
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting bahya roga marga – skin diseases, leucoderma
DOSAGE AND USAGE
This powder mixed with cow’s urine and applied on the affected area or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items.
- Avoid smoking, junk foods and alcohol.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only administer as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic treatments?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this medicine along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal application on the affected area is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit- forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the duration and eventually stop it.
- Ashtanga hridaya
- Panchathikta guggulu ghrita
- Swayambhuva guggulu as internal medication for leucoderma
- Udayaditya rasa
- Studies on the composition and standardization of “Bakuchi oil”, an ayurvedic medicinal oil prepared from Psoralea corylifolia L. used in the treatment of vitiligo
- Effect of bakuchi on vitiligo – a case study