Asanavilwadi tailam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diseases affecting the head. This medicine is in the form of herbal oil.
BENEFITS OF ASANAVILWADI TAILAM
- This medicine used in the management of diseases of the head ( shiras).
- The route of administration of asanavilwadi tailam is through oil massage on the head.
- This type of administration of medicine in Ayurveda known as abhyangam.
INDICATIONS OF ASANAVILWADI TAILAM
- Vascular headache
- Hearing problems
INGREDIENTS OF ASANAVILWADI TAILAM
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||LATIN||ACTION|
|1||ASANA||Pterocarpus marsupium||Balances medo dhatu|
|2||VILVA||Aegle marmelos||Balances vata and kapha|
|3||BALA||Sidacordifolia||Balances vata dosha|
|4||MADHUKA||Glycyrrhiza glabra||Rejuvenator Beneficial effect on eyes|
|5||AMRITA||Tinospora cordifolia||Balances vata and pitta|
|6||NAGARA||Zingiber officinale||Carminative on internal administration|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Oil prepared with the decoction and paste of the above-mentioned drugs and cow’s milk. Sesame oil or coconut oil can be used for its preparation.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa,asthi ,majja dhatu – pain in and around the head
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting all roga marga
madhyama roga marga – headache, earache
DOSAGE AND USAGE
External application on the head, for karna purana ( oil instillation into the ear) or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items.
- Oil massage on the head is advised. This alleviates vata dosha.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only administer as per the direction by the physician.
- Improper administration leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic treatments?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this medicine along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal application on the head is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the duration and eventually stop it.
- Shatbindu tailam used for headache as nasal installation
- Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala
- Nagarjuna Herbal Concentrates
- Kerala Ayurveda
- SNA Oushadhasala
- Kottakkal Arya vaidya sala
1. Immune-Stimulatory and Therapeutic Activity of Tinospora cordifolia: Double-Edged Sword against Salmonellosis.
2. The effect of a scalp massage on stress hormone, blood pressure, and heart rate of healthy female