Arimedadi tailam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diseases affecting teeth and oral cavity. This medicine is in the form of herbal oil. It is also known as irimedadi tailam.
BENEFITS OF ARIMEDADI TAILAM
- This medicine used in the management of diseases of the oral cavity.
- The route of administration of arimedadi tailam is the oral cavity as gargling.
- This type of administration of medicine in Ayurveda known as gandusha and kabala.
INDICATIONS OF ARIMEDADI TAILAM
- Tooth decay
INGREDIENTS OF ARIMEDADI TAILAM
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH/ LATIN||ACTION|
|2||NYAGRODHA||Ficus bengalensis||Balances pitta and kapha|
|3||UDUMBARA||Ficus racemosa||Balances pitta and kapha|
|4||ASWATHA||Ficus religiosa||Balances pitta and kapha|
|5||PLAKSHA||Ficus lacor||Balances pitta and kapha|
|6||MADHUKA||Glycyrrhiza glabra||Rejuvenator Beneficial effect on eyes|
|7||ELA||Elettaria cardamomum||Balances vata and kapha|
|8||PATRA||Cinnamomum tamala||Effective in cough|
|9||TWAK||Cinnamomum zeylanicum||The beneficiary effect in respiratory diseases|
|10||MANJISHTA||Rubia cordifolia||Effective in skin diseases|
|11||LODHRA||Symplocos racemosa||Action on diarrhoea and dysentery|
|14||MUSTA||Nutgrass/ Cyperus rotundus||Reduces fever|
|15||AGURU||Aquillaria agallocha||Balances vata and kapha|
|16||HIMA||Santalum album||Balances pitta dosha, coolant effect on the body|
|17||RAKTA CHANDANA||Pterocarpus santalinus|
|19||JATIPHALA||Myristica fragrans||balances vata dosha, action on nervous system|
|21||JATAMAMSI||Spikenard/ Nardostachys jatamansi||Action in the central nervous system|
|23||GAIRIKAM||Red ochre (hematite)||Balances pitta dosha|
|24||MRINALA||Cymbopogon jwarancusa||Balances pitta dosha|
|26||VAIDEHI||Piper longum||Balances kapha, carminative|
|27||PADMAKESARA||Nelumbo nucifera||Balances pitta|
|29||LAKSHA||Laccifer lacca||Helps in the healing|
|30||BRIHATI||Solanum indicum||Balances vata and pitta|
|31||DEVADARU||Cedus deodara||Reduces pain|
|32||VILWAPATRA||Bael /Eagle marmelous||VILWA|
|37||HARIDRA||curcuma longa||Antibacterial action|
|38||DARUHARIDRA||Berberis aristata||Balances kapha, pitta|
|41||PUSHKARA||Inula racemosa||Effective in the respiratory system|
|43||VYAGHRI||Solanum xanthocarpum||Effective in respiratory diseases|
|44||MADANA||Randia dumetorum||Balances kapha, vata|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Oil prepared with the decoction and paste of the above-mentioned drugs and Sesame oil.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa,asthi ,majja dhatu – toothache, tooth decay
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting all roga marga
madhyama roga marga – diseases of the oral cavity
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Arimedadi tailam is to be administered for gargling. About 5 to 10 ml gargled for 10 minutes or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid smoking, chewing betel leaf and alcohol
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only administer as per the direction by the physician.
- Improper administration leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic treatments?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this medicine along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal application into the oral cavity is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the duration and eventually stop it.
- Triphala kashaya for gargling
- Khadiradi gulika
- Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala
- Kottakkal Arya vaidya sala
- Pankaja kasthuri
- Comparative Evaluation of Arimedadi Oil with 0.2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate in Prevention of Plaque and Gingivitis: A Randomized Clinical Trial
2. Evaluation of Irimedadi Taila as an adjunctive in treating plaque-induced gingivitis