Prostrate is a small gland in the male reproductive system that produces prostatic fluid which is secreted at the time of ejaculation. As a man ages, the prostate tends to enlarge. One in four men over the age of forty suffers from enlarged prostrate. It is also called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or benign prostatic hypertrophy. This is non-cancerous. The enlarged prostrate then pushes on the urethra, the tube which passes out urine from the body. This tends to cause bladder problems and difficulty with urination. A decrease in the testosterone hormone production and ageing are said to be common causes for BPH. Some of the symptoms of enlarged prostrate are:
- Inability to urinate
- Weak urine stream
- Frequent awakening in the night to urinate
- Pain while urinating
- Blood in the urine
- Incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Dribbling at the end of urination
As the symptoms of BPH are indistinguishable from prostate cancer, it should be excluded as a cause of the symptoms. This should be done by getting it checked by a qualified urologist.
Treatments for BPH
The treatment for BPH differs based on the severity of the symptoms and how it affects you. If the symptoms are not severe, BPH can be controlled by lifestyle modifications, change of diet and medications like Alpha blockers, 5-alpha reductase inhibitors, etc. Surgery and laser therapy are also used as forms of treatment to manage BPH.
According to Ayurveda, an imbalance of the Vata Dosha is said to cause an enlarged prostrate. Ayurvedic management of BPH includes herbal therapies as well as dietary changes, yoga and specific prostate care practices. Himalaya Herbal Healthcare has come up with Himplasia, a herbomineral formulation that helps in the effective management of BPH.
Knowing about Himplasia
Taking Himplasia can enable you to control BPH without throwing your life in disarray. Himplasia is a non-hormonal preparation made from a blend of minerals and herbs which makes it particularly beneficial for improving an enlarged prostate. It is available in tablet form. People suffering from hypertension should only take Himplasia on advice of a qualified Ayurvedic physician.
Ingredients in Himplasia
Himplasia contains ingredients that treat BPH by reducing prostate weight and improving the urinary flow rate. Some of the ingredients and their respective uses are listed in the table below:
|Putikaranja||helps treat urinary disorders, acts as an aphrodisiac|
|Gokshura||supports the normal flow of urine|
|Puga||eases urination, acts as natural aphrodisiac|
|Shatavari||minimizes oxidative stress, improves immune response|
|Akika pishti||acts as cardiac tonic|
|Varuna||neutralizes enzymes that result in excruciating urination|
Benefits of Himoplasia
Taking one or two tablets of Himplasia a day with your meals will aid in keeping the prostate healthy. Given below are some of the benefits you can get from it.
- It promotes healthy functioning of a prostate.
- It increases libido.
- It improves sperm quantity.
- It supports normal urogenital functions.
- It supports the normal flow of urine.
- It relaxes muscle to relieve urinary tension.
Tips for a better prostrate health
Having BPH can be a major problem for many people. A sedentary lifestyle and lack of proper diet are reasons for the enlargement of the prostrate. A small modification in your lifestyle can bring about big differences related to prostrate issues. Below are some tips that will enable you to improve your quality of living as well as control your disorder.
- Avoiding spicy foods and having foods rich in vitamin E can help improve prostate function.
- Doing kegel exercise or “Ashwini Mudra”, a yogic exercise can help strengthen the pelvic muscles.
- Avoiding fluids two hours before going to bed will minimize the need to urinate in the night.
- Doing Asanas will help in the proper circulation of blood in the pelvis area. Some of the Asanas include Jatara parivartasana, Dhanurasana, Baddha konasana, etc.
- A prostrate massage with cold pressed castor oil can help in maintain a healthy prostrate.
- Having Indian gooseberry or Amla is a good remedy for BPH.
- Using flax seed in cooking helps to reduce the enlargement of the prostrate.
With a healthy diet, consumption of Ayurvedic medications like Himplasia and regular exercises, you can ensure a better life without any prostrate problems.